• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Collecting Goals for 2019!
3 3

54 posts in this topic

For me I want to complete my Lucio Parrillo runs on Warlord of Mars, Vampirella, and Queen Sonja.

Finish the Bronze age portion of my Uncanny X-Men, including getting #94 in as high a grade as I can budget for.

After that, I'll just wok on the silver age portion of my X-men run as opportunities pop up.

Maybe this year I can stay a little more focused on the X-Men...sure...yeah...that will definitely happen  :D

Overall goal is to continue to build my GA collection (PCH, Timely titles, LB Cole, Schomburg).  Some specific issues are (no particular order):

1.  Strange Tales 28
2.  Chamber of Chills 19
3.  Fight Comics 32
4.  Blue Bolt 110
5.  Shock Suspenstories 6
6.  Mask Comics 2

I will probably finish getting back the GI Joe figures I sold off years ago.

I will probably upgrade at least one issue from my ASM run. 

Would like another page of GI Joe Marvel Art

Would like a dynamic Spider-man page from one of my favored Spider-man artists. 

Maybe I finally pull the trigger on Superman 14.

Maybe I finally pull the trigger on that UCS $800 Lego falcon... 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Maybe I finally pull the trigger on Superman 14.

Sweet, sweet book.  I want one too but they're pricey!  I always end up going for books that have far fewer on the census, thinking that Supes 14 is common enough that I can find one anytime I want.  That may be true, but I may not be able to afford any but the lowest grades if I continue to wait.  Needless to say, the highest graded 9.4 at auction right now is a BEAUTY!

Anyway, my 1st goal this year is to land a Captain America Comics #72 as that would give me a complete run from issues #66-#78 :smile:

2nd goal is to buy fewer $500 books and save up for one 3k+ book.

3rd goal is to read a ton of material I have sitting around that I've haven't gotten to yet.

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

consign my 1100 HG DC Silver/Bronze slabs

find those last 2 issues of Hellblazer so i can read the run

give away 500+ comics (FCBD & Halloween)

"ABC. A, Always. B, Be. C, Closing."

I'm stunned. I thought you were in it for life. Not too many of us DC collectors amongst all the Marvel Junkies. 

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm stunned. I thought you were in it for life. Not too many of us DC collectors amongst all the Marvel Junkies. 

:ph34r:

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Hope to trim down the collection a bit and adjust the collection focus, always a tough endeavor :ohnoez:

More on quality, less on quantity. (thumbsu

Still also looking to add a King Comics no. 1, has been a goal for 3 years :grin: ... so far

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ivitems=7571641#45948537