• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Collecting Goals for 2019!
3 3

54 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Thanks @comicquant ... have been watching the MCS book for a while now, want to say at least 1 or 2 years ... priorities and timing ... seldom do not agree with one another unfortunately ... maybe 2019 :grin:

Edited by Yosemite

1.  Going to sell off my 30 long box "child hood" collection of just non key runs of 80's early 90's stuff + all the toys i have lying around from my old toy operation.

2.  Continue to buy HG Bronze CGC books.  Going to shoot for Conan #1 9.4+, X-Men 101 9.4+, Marvel Spotlight #5 9.2+ among others.

3.  Sell all OA except for 3 or 4 covers.

I really enjoy "what's your collecting goals" threads.

Mine for 2019 would be to add an ASM #5, #15, #20 in my Spidey run and hopefully even a #7, #8 and #10 and complete the 1-10 run. 

If I get on a roll I would love to add as many others as possible and open the doors to get my run of 1-400 complete in 2020.

In a related note, I have as a goal to make my mind if I should sell a couple of my other big keys (i.e. my FF1 or Hulk 1) to finance the above.

Edited by SECollector
Typos - sorry!

I think I'm actually done.  Except for maybe a few trades, I don't see myself buying any more books for collecting purposes any time soon.  Maybe some original art, but even then, it has to be something that really interests me.

I think for 2019 my goals are to:

1.  Make more progress on selling off comics.  I started in 2018 but have a ton more to get rid of.

2.  Maybe do a little trimming of the original art collection.

3.  Pick up one new Peanuts daily or Sunday.  (thumbsu

I think that I met my goals for 2018 lol

I'd have to go check that thread to be certain, but I picked up a giant size X-Men #1, I don't have my eyes on anything specific in comics that I can immediately think of.... except

I want the amazing Spider-Man statue off of sideshow.... and I'd like to send in a couple of cgc submissions... wheels are already in motion though :foryou: