• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Collecting Goals for 2019!
3 3

54 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I think I might try to score my first piece of OA this year. Would love to find an Ed Mcguinness Deadpool from the Joe Kelly series. 

As far as OA goes, I'd say Ed is a good place to start.  A lot of his art looks better in black and white and his pricing is fairly reasonable.  If you catch him at a con, he brings a lot of OA, so you'll have a good time just flipping through it.

1 hour ago, kHAoS said:

As far as OA goes, I'd say Ed is a good place to start.  A lot of his art looks better in black and white and his pricing is fairly reasonable.  If you catch him at a con, he brings a lot of OA, so you'll have a good time just flipping through it.

Sweet! I plan to meet him at C2e2 in Chicago this year. I’ve browsed eBay and comic auction houses this past year and haven’t seen many examples come up for sale so not sure how difficult it will be to find a nice Deadpool piece. 

On 12/11/2018 at 11:49 AM, Gotham Kid said:

sup1.12519a.jpg

lol - Bought the car last year... This year I put in the new bathroom... 

There will be no 9.4 copies of Superman 14 in my future... 

Now, a 4.0 ish or a 6.5 with some slight CT... or replaced staples or something non intrusive...... hm 

Hmmm...

Well, I know I want to find a nice Conan #23 to go with my #24.  I'm going to send the #24 off to be slabbed, so will do the same with the #23.  

Maybe get a nicer Savage Sword 1 and Savage Tales 1 also.

I'd like to add some nicer Adams/O'neil Batman Issues, with an eye toward the keys.  Maybe finally pick up that GL76 too.

But I still need to focus on my Video Game collection too. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
23 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Sell everything except 10 comics

Why just ten? 

He's been listening to the boardie with the safe deposit box? :foryou:

But that's a good question though, why are you going to limit yourself? @Wolverinex :shy:

Spoiler

don't do it!! :jokealert:

I've been getting rid of most of my slabs and sinking the money into raw books, mostly GA. I've only a handful of slabs left but they are difficult to part with. The struggle is totes real. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

lol - Bought the car last year... This year I put in the new bathroom... 

There will be no 9.4 copies of Superman 14 in my future... 

Now, a 4.0 ish or a 6.5 with some slight CT... or replaced staples or something non intrusive...... hm 

I totally understand. Renovations on my house always seem to take priority over cool comics...

4 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Why just ten? 

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

He's been listening to the boardie with the safe deposit box? :foryou:

But that's a good question though, why are you going to limit yourself? @Wolverinex :shy:

Reveal hidden contents

don't do it!! :jokealert:

I was being facetious but I  am downsizing to a smaller place and just need to really cut out my collection.  That being said, I doubt I will ever make it down to 10... :p 

8 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I was being facetious but I  am downsizing to a smaller place and just need to really cut out my collection.  That being said, I doubt I will ever make it down to 10... :p 

:foryou:

If you did want to sell and secure the top 10, then afterward you could start over, but I'd have trouble thinking of ten that were realistic and making it only 10 lol

Plenty to choose from!

1. Complete Marvel slipcase collection.
  2. Buy CGC Gem 10 New Zealand Mint DC cover replicas.
  3. All 6 Infinity Gauntlet issues CGC SS 9.8s.
  4. Get all 6 Infinity CGC 9.8s signed by InHyuk Lee (somehow).
  5. Spawn #1 CGC 9.9 signed by TM ($$$$$).
  6. Spawn Origins HC 1-4.
  7. Action Comics #1000 CGC SS all 8 decade variants, Foil variant, and Sketch variant.
  8. Avoid getting suspended from the CGC boards again...