• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vernon Greene

9 posts in this topic

I'd like to ask you what do you think about this OA. I like it and I'd like to buy it, but I know nothing about it.  I know it's just one bad pic, I already asked the owner if he can send me more pictures. I'll post the new images once I have them

Does it seem legit? 

31332192827_7aba173ea3_b.jpg

1 hour ago, marmat said:

Seller os asking $300, is it a fair price? 

Other than the bad spelling, it seems like a nice example, maybe a little rich at that price point, but you are not likely to find a better Greene (born Green) political piece any time soon, if that is your attraction.  He is better known for his comic strip art like Bringing Up Father, and others.  He was a career cartoonist.  David

3 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

The only other vernon geeen art I ever came across was a rice crispies painting on ebay. If you like historical stuff and the price is right go for it. Why would someone fake this?  

I think you have your Vernon’s confused.

Vernon Grant painted the Rice Krispies.

vernon Greene is the artist in question.

MI

15 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Greene's papers and archives are housed as Syracuse University. If you have questions about Authenticity, or just want to know more about the cartoon, you should e-mail them the photo and see if they have any information about it.

Thanks a lot, that's a very useful info.

On 12/11/2018 at 5:40 PM, aokartman said:

Other than the bad spelling, it seems like a nice example, maybe a little rich at that price point, but you are not likely to find a better Greene (born Green) political piece any time soon, if that is your attraction.  He is better known for his comic strip art like Bringing Up Father, and others.  He was a career cartoonist.  David

lol sorry about the spelling, my fat finger taped the O and not the I

I like it for the political message, I'll email the Syracuse University and see if they have some info about this piece