• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2018!
5 5

213 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

That SiP 9.8! Very nice!

Yes - love me some SIP and need those Antarctic Press issues - I'm envious.

I bid on the 8.0 in a recent Clink auction, but it went for a surprising amount.

6 minutes ago, deadleg said:

@porcupine48 Love the printing plates! That's something you don't see often. 

Thanks!

It was a surprise gift from the fine fellow @Get Marwood & I and it would be one of the very,very last things I ever let go,likely coming underground!

8 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Well,it wasn't a huge year for me,but I did get some items I'm pretty jazzed about!

I'm including these from  in a group as being so small in size I'll hope you forgive me as counting them as one!My first Tijuana Bibles-actually dirtier than I expected.

Where's @lizards2 at? OK, I'll help out.

Pre-vert

24 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

All of the books in this thread are cool but this is (worship)

Congrats! Hopefully this is sitting framed in your office or something to be enjoyed on a regular basis.

Yes and where is your office, exactly?  Also what are your hours-

Quiet year for personal pick ups. These 3 make me the happiest of all the finds.

Gennadiy Koufay- Contains nude

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1467691

Milo Manara - Contains nude

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1515966

EC3F8AD8-9D7E-4DC9-B0BB-6EF59B573CDF.jpeg

I don't have pics, :sorry:, but...

These were all to complete my Death of Superman signed run, which is one of the biggest comic story arcs of all-time, and one of my favorites. Beyond that, there isn't much explanation, other than that I collect only (right now) SS books. I wanted them all signed by the writer and no one else.

1. Action Comics #684 CGC 9.8 Signed by Roger Stern
  2. Adventures of Superman #497 CGC 9.6 Signed by Jerry Ordway
  3. Man of Steel #19 CGC 9.6 Signed by Louise Simonson

#1 was purchased off a boardie here. It's the only copy that I've seen on the market in 2+ years. This seller is a life saver!

#2 was bought on eBay. It was also the only copy that I've seen hit the market in 2+ years.

#3 was bought from the same seller on eBay as above, hence the lower grade. They're easily more attainable in 9.8 than AOS. If I can ever find an AOS signed by JO in 9.8, I won't hesitate to upgrade both copies.

I am seeing some amazing stuff! 

ASM 300 cover????  :news:   thats is a one of kind treasure!

TEC 27 :golfclap:

I mean that is what makes this annual thread fun, seeing everyone come together and post stuff that amazes us all!  You never know what one might see from post to post!

With that said though I am seeing some of you posting your acquisitions talking about how your comic/art isn't as good as someones else's.  This isn't a competition to see who spend the most or has the better stuff.  Whether you acquired a ASM 300 cover or a Spawn #1 CGC 8.5 this thread is showcase of "personal collectibles" that actually means something to the individual.  So for those of you who haven't posted yet please do so everyone reading this thread wants to see!  Don't shy away!

I want 15+ pages of this thread by X-Mas morning. :preach:

1 minute ago, Drummy said:

Amazing stuff, everyone!  

I got a few nice early FF's this year along with a key that had been eluding me most of my life -- it's my first copy of X-Men #1!

Dan

X-Men 1 6.5.jpg

You have exactly the X-Men #1 I want in grade for my 2019 big purchase! haha

Nice books!