• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2018!
5 5

213 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Norinn Radd said:

Indeed. :whatthe:

I decided to focus on Green Lantern this year.

Stash_NorinnRadd_2018top3.thumb.jpg.a4c5dfe728b70a49164f4d381d3cae79.jpg

I always liked Hal Jordan's origin since I saw it on SuperFriends as a kid.  Very happy to finally own a copy of Showcase #22.  I look at it everyday. :smile:

76 I've wanted for a long time.  I donated mine to Neal Adams back in the 70s.  He never kept any of the books he worked on and jeanette kahn sent a call out.

1 hour ago, comicartfan said:

I bought so many books (and sold so many) this year that it's difficult to pick 3 favorites. But, here are my top 3 that for one reason or another, bring a smile to my face when I look at them. I focused more on Bronze Age keys this year and my picks reflect it. Two of these gems came from Bob Storms and my main pickup for next year will also be a book from High Grade Comics....what can I say, he has the best stuff !!

I challenge you to an avatar-off.

5 hours ago, comicartfan said:

I bought so many books (and sold so many) this year that it's difficult to pick 3 favorites. But, here are my top 3 that for one reason or another, bring a smile to my face when I look at them. I focused more on Bronze Age keys this year and my picks reflect it. Two of these gems came from Bob Storms and my main pickup for next year will also be a book from High Grade Comics....what can I say, he has the best stuff !!

0311181613211.jpg2502181415451.jpg2607181408511.jpg

Beautiful books!  I think we buy with the same grade in mind on BA books!

5 hours ago, mysterio said:

2018 was a fun year for buying, and my collecting focus continued to evolve (and often get off course). It is difficult to narrow it down to just three, so I cheated a bit, but even then I could have listed a few more books.

Journey Into Mystery #2: I missed this book by seconds the first time it auctioned on Comiclink (somehow I mis-set my phone alarm for the snipe doh! ) but I got it the second time around. I may have overpaid, but it isn't often that I see my name written on covers.

JIM #35 and 75: I will never miss an opportunity to buy a White Mountain pre-hero Marvel that I can actually afford! Shout out to @gregreece for working with me on the #75.

Marvel Tales #93: This is an upgrade to my previous 3.0. I love the cover and the significance of the book.

JIM02CGCsm.jpg

JIM35CGCsm.jpg

JIM75CGCsm.jpg

MT93CGCsm.jpg

@mysterio Your under copy of MT93 wasn't exactly hard on the eyes! Congrats on a good year sir! Looking forward to catching up with you in a couple of months! 

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

Wow! A lot of great acquisitions in this thread. For me, it is so hard to choose, so I will focus on just a few sketches.  Kraven the Hunter by Mike Zeck (inked by Bob McLeod) , Mr. and Mrs. X  #1 (preliminary cover) by Mike Mayhew and an Iron Fist #14 cover recreation by Al Milgrom.

BCCKravenR.jpg

That Zeck is hot to trot ^^ Awesome :) Congrats on the Milgom as well, he put in some work! (thumbsu I wonder if Andy Kubert would be up for doing a Rouge and Gambit!?!

38 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

We got some big ballers on this board

Yep.  That was just insane.  

Not the first time we’ve seen stuff like that.  But super impressive.  

ASM300 cover OA...really?  

16 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I did very little this year. Here are my 2 favs (and only worthy entries).  Some early Spidey crossovers.

17C7C715-DDA0-47A6-B0B4-1406594456D8.jpeg

04CC8692-FFD1-49BD-855A-CE12FA291213.jpeg

You did your brows though so you can add that one there.