• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2018!
5 5

213 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I can't keep up with all the great stuff posted here.  Honestly, those C&H and Peanuts strips.  Wow.  And of course the AF15, Tec27, and OA ASM 300 cover.  Yeesh.

So my modest haul for the year:

Captain America #700 CGC SS 9.8 signed and sketched by Ash Gonzales; signed and quote by Chris Evans

342082038_CaptainAmerica(front).thumb.JPG.37b08e9d9ef225dc652617755c1056a2.JPG1503689002_CaptainAmerica(back).thumb.JPG.f82b08a1addedf49b42bed1afc7b36d1.JPG

Damn... This is so cool...

7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I can't keep up with all the great stuff posted here.  Honestly, those C&H and Peanuts strips.  Wow.  And of course the AF15, Tec27, and OA ASM 300 cover.  Yeesh.

So my modest haul for the year:

Captain America #700 CGC SS 9.8 signed and sketched by Ash Gonzales; signed and quote by Chris Evans

342082038_CaptainAmerica(front).thumb.JPG.37b08e9d9ef225dc652617755c1056a2.JPG1503689002_CaptainAmerica(back).thumb.JPG.f82b08a1addedf49b42bed1afc7b36d1.JPG

I may be biased but this is the BEST sketch/sig book I've ever seen! :cloud9::golfclap:(worship)

27 minutes ago, GoldCap said:

I may be biased but this is the BEST sketch/sig book I've ever seen! :cloud9::golfclap:(worship)

Ash Gonzalez is about the best thing going in the world of blank sketching. He's produced some of the finest work I've ever seen in that end of the collecting world. I've had him do a few pieces, and he's an amazing guy to work with. 

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This year has been AMAZING for me for getting the stuff I’ve always wanted. To narrow it down to 3 is quite difficult #firstworldproblems

First, is always a Peanuts Strip. I’ve had many through the years and this one is a permanent keeper. It epitomizes my relationship with my wife. Peanuts is my favorite thing ever and this is one of my favorites I’ve owned.  

Second is gonna be the Suspense 3 because it is THE book I’ve wanted in comics since I got into them around 1991. It was the book I just could never get my hands on and when this restored copy became available I jumped on it. 

Lastly, it’s a tough call choosing between the Church Planets I got and the most attractive Rangers 26 I’ve ever seen.  The Planet 17 and 33 are the finalists and even though the 33 is a 9.8 total unicorn I have a slight preference for the Mile High Planet 17 so that’s what I’m picking.

I’m leaving five Mile High Planets and the complete original art from the second Lily Renee Senorita Rio story ever, which would have been my 4th pick.

28B024C4-9581-4932-A147-7F8EAF8609A4.jpeg

Awesome book :luhv: