• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 27 COMPLETE Coverless NG on Ebay No reserve!

57 posts in this topic

IMHO you have to give the seller some credit no reserve......... With the resto & fake pages, 50k high/low???? Any predictions?I have no idea on this one???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1939-GOLDEN-AGE-DETECTIVE-COMICS-27-CGC-NG-BATMAN-STORY-COMPLETE-ORIGINAL/264079545923?hash=item3d7c5e1643:g:mFwAAOSwhY9cDCZA:rk:38:pf:0

Edited by Frank Mozz

15 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

IMHO you have to give the seller some credit no reserve.........Bad time of year?  With the resto & fake pages, I have no idea on this one??? 50k high/low???? Any predictions? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1939-GOLDEN-AGE-DETECTIVE-COMICS-27-CGC-NG-BATMAN-STORY-COMPLETE-ORIGINAL/264079545923?hash=item3d7c5e1643:g:mFwAAOSwhY9cDCZA:rk:38:pf:0

Tough one to predict imo. The bat pages alone cud probably fetch 50. That being said I’m not sure that it will hit that all together. 

34 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Tough one to predict imo. The bat pages alone cud probably fetch 50. That being said I’m not sure that it will hit that all together. 

I feel the same way it's a tuff one,  I agree it seems like the seller may have been better off just selling the BM pages and non BM pages separate? Also, this time of year ending a week or so before the holiday & on eBay of all places. you may be just asking for a low Final hammer imho..

Edited by Frank Mozz

53 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

I feel the same way it's a tuff one,  I agree it seems like the seller may have been better off just selling the BM pages and non BM pages separate? Also, this time of year ending a week or so before the holiday & on eBay of all places. you may be just asking for a low Final hammer imho..

If I had the one for sake on CC I’d be sweating the existence of this one 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

They are but I would think if someone had the money they wud reserve it to try to get the one on eBay that closes later 

100% Agree, if your in the game for either of these the ebay one is the much better option you get a complete BM story in one shot & with the timing a buyer may, in fact, end up getting a steal/ of good deal, the long-term on any complete BM pages is going no place but up. The CC would have done better if it was after the Ebay auction imo

A no reserve auction on Ebay doesn't guarantee that someone will get a book at a bargain. I've seen sellers cancel all bids and terminate the listing if the bidding wasn't high enough.  They usually claim an error in the listing or the item is no longer for sale. One seller did that and immediately sold it as a buy it now at a higher price. Another seller listed the same lot of comics in two separate listings, at the same time. One at no reserve auction and the other as a buy it now.  At least he honored the final auction bid and sold at that price. 

23 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

A no reserve auction on Ebay doesn't guarantee that someone will get a book at a bargain. I've seen sellers cancel all bids and terminate the listing if the bidding wasn't high enough.  They usually claim an error in the listing or the item is no longer for sale. One seller did that and immediately sold it as a buy it now at a higher price. Another seller listed the same lot of comics in two separate listings, at the same time. One at no reserve auction and the other as a buy it now.  At least he honored the final auction bid and sold at that price. 

100% Never know which way an auction can go but this one is hitting at a bad time imo and its a very hard example to come up with a solid price imo

4 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

Its funny I have a NG complete coverless copy of this book and Iv often thought about getting a re-slab with a repro cover but when looking at both examples  I am glad I left the book coverless.   

Pics pretty please :foryou:

19 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

CB> I know for a lot of collectors on this board this is no big deal but it is the highlight of my collection and was a dream book for me.

I don't think anyone is scoffing at that copy.  A blue label Tec 27 is a blue label Tec 27.  Congrats. 

An unrestored coverless copy missing 5 wraps (one being the centerfold), with all of them replaced by color copies just sold for $18,100 in a Comicconnect auction. This is pretty much the exact same kind of copy, except has resto. So I'll be surprised if this one even breaks $20K, and the fact it's even at $14K with 5 days remaining is impressive to me. Waayyyy overestimating at $50K.

Edited by LDarkseid1

11 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

An unrestored coverless copy missing 5 wraps (one being the centerfold), with all of them replaced by color copies just sold for $18,100 in a Comicconnect auction. This is pretty much the exact same kind of copy, except has resto. So I'll be surprised if this one even breaks $20K, and the fact it's even at $14K with 5 days remaining is impressive to me. Waayyyy overestimating at $50K.

Hi I have to disagree this is not the same thing as the recent CC book imo, the big difference being this example has all the Original BATMAN pages and that in my mind changes the value significantly from your cited example, Chicago Boy pointed out the same thing and I think we both agree the move was to sell just the BM pages and then any other original non BM pages separately.

Edited by Frank Mozz