• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 27 COMPLETE Coverless NG on Ebay No reserve!

57 posts in this topic

I started a separate thread because it felt appropriate, but the same guy selling the Tec 27 has now put up an unrestored coverless complete Action 1 at auction on eBay. Unbelievable book! The only way to obtain a complete Action 1 for around $100K or less without the cover.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1938-GOLDEN-AGE-ACTION-COMICS-1-CGC-NG-UNIVERSAL-COVERLESS-1ST-SUPERMAN/254023575760?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20171010182220%26meid%3D1cdb4cb428464811beda083de6b77309%26pid%3D100891%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D264079545923%26itm%3D254023575760&_trksid=p2056116.c100891.m5206

And there you have it. I'm actually impressed. I really didn't think it would crack $30K. The ever constant power of the big two! I know everyone isn't going to be surprised and say they thought it would sell for more, but I'm still surprised.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 6.00.33 PM.png

Edited by LDarkseid1

4 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

And there you have it. I'm actually impressed. I really didn't think it would crack $30K. The ever constant power of the big two! I know everyone isn't going to be surprised and say they thought it would sell for more, but I'm still surprised.

I was actually in up to 25.500 figured if I could steal it why not? Still, think someone got a good deal.

Edited by Frank Mozz

19 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Solid price. 

9 hours ago, Topcollectibles88 said:

Hi everyone 

I was the seller on the tec27.   Congrats and thank you to everyone for bidding on the book!     Best of luck to anyone planning on bidding on Ac1!  

Hope everyone has a great evening 

best,

David 

Congrats on the sale, David, quick question, were you happy with the final bid? Any history on the book would be great & good luck with the AC really feel it will set a new standard for coverless as I think it will crack the 100k but why X mas eve lol?

9 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

It was those ever elusive Batman Pages all being there. 

3 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

It was those ever elusive Batman Pages all being there. 

No trust me I get it, I get it. I will never doubt the power of the Batman pages again lol. Also on top of that though, the restoration on the label really seems more like conservation to me and I presume could be resubmitted for restoration removal either way. So I think this could become an unrestored copy soon enough. Might be a little worser for the wear unsealing the spine split, retairing the tear seals and taking care of the part that went through reinforcement. But hells to the yeah I’d take an uglier looking coverless copy unrestored than one with some work done to it anyday!

Also, it’s in horrible shape, but there’s a Tec 27 back cover on comicconnect for $2500 best offer. Mind you it’s PGX graded so scary to know for sure if it is what it is haha. But if it’s legit I’d buy that, remove the repro stuff on this and add it in. A step closer to a complete unrestored copy, seeing as married gets you the qualified label now a days.

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

No trust me I get it, I get it. I will never doubt the power of the Batman pages again lol. Also on top of that though, the restoration on the label really seems more like conservation to me and I presume could be resubmitted for restoration removal either way. So I think this could become an unrestored copy soon enough. Might be a little worser for the wear unsealing the spine split, retairing the tear seals and taking care of the part that went through reinforcement. But hells to the yeah I’d take an uglier looking coverless copy unrestored than one with some work done to it anyday!

Also, it’s in horrible shape, but there’s a Tec 27 back cover on comicconnect for $2500 best offer. Mind you it’s PGX graded so scary to know for sure if it is what it is haha. But if it’s legit I’d buy that, remove the repro stuff on this and add it in. A step closer to a complete unrestored copy, seeing as married gets you the qualified label now a days.

PGX  😬😳. Another Boardie who knows his stuff pointed out that that back cover at CC for sake could easily come from an Action Comics #12. I don’t think there is any way of knowing where it came from. PGX is worse than I had originally thought. I knew about the overgrading and missing Resto but saw some interesting videos  on down right fraud. I have a unrestored certified back cover that was taken off a Tec 27 CGC 1.0 last sold on Heritage ( if anyone cares :) ). Can’t imagine paying 2500 for a possible Action 12 back cover unless you needed it for a Resto job 

Edited by Chicago Boy

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

PGX  😬😳. Another Boardie who knows his stuff pointed out that that back cover at CC for sake could easily come from an Action Comics #12. I don’t think there is any way of knowing where it came from. PGX is worse than I had originally thought. I knew about the overgrading and missing Resto but saw some interesting videos  on down right fraud. I have a unrestored certified back cover that was taken off a Tec 27 CGC 1.0 last sold on Heritage ( if anyone cares :) ). Can’t imagine paying 2500 for a possible Action 12 back cover unless you needed it for a Resto job 

I've also seen the videos and read the info online on PGX fraud and it really is astounding they're still in business. What was the more recent debacle, Ditko signed comics? This happening before he passed of course, but we all know that man never signed any comics, and for them to suddenly authenticate or verify a bunch of signatures was downright shady at best! So my point being, I agree it's likely that back cover isn't from a Tec 27. Also it always cracks me up with PGX 9.9's. The NM 98's they've graded as 9.9's basically sell at the CGC 9.8 level lol, and their one Hulk 181 9.9 (with sketchy looking Wein and Trimpe signatures) I believe sold at auction some time ago and went for what, $20Kish? I was honestly surprised it went for that much if I'm correct.