• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crisis on Infinite Earths comes to the CW!!!!
1 1

162 posts in this topic

There has been a fairly strict separation of the DC film and television world. How were you able to combine the two with Miller’s cameo?

We were series wrapped on “Arrow,” and we were wrapped on the whole crossover. We were in post and some episodes were locked, and some were soft-locked. I got a phone call from [Warner Bros. boss] Peter Roth saying, “I know you’re locked, but can you put Ezra into the crossover?” And I said, “Yes.” And he said, “How, you’re series wrapped? And you’re wrapped on the crossover.” And I said, “Yeah, I know, but if you’re telling me Ezra Miller can be in the crossover, I can make it happen.”

I called Eric Wallace who is the showrunner of “Flash,” and he called up Grant Gustin — because the one thing that was our only concern was the thought we didn’t want to do it unless Grant was 100 percent on-board with it. And he was. He was incredibly enthusiastic and on-board with it. And then we got on the phone with Ezra Miller and told him the scene I had written and he was completely into it. And we just went. We put together a unit of the “Flash” crew on the “Flash” set [since “Arrow’s” team, which had produced the rest of the hour, was gone]. And much to our surprise, no one noticed Ezra Miller was in Vancouver and no one leaked it from the crew, which we appreciate. So we were able to keep it a surprise.

Combining the multiverse made it so there was only one version of each hero left. Does that mean that Miller’s Flash no longer exists in the DC television world?

I will leave that question to Warner Bros. and DC. They have a wonderful vision for not just Ezra’s Flash, but also the entire DC universe. Jim Lee is the man to talk to.

Edited by Bosco685

So I've never been much of a DC guy but I've enjoyed many of their animated movies. With Crisis considered one of the best DC stories, I gave the show crossover a try.

I've watched the first few seasons of Flash and LoT and enjoyed them as well but this whole crossover has been really hard to watch.

It feels like a mix of Saturday morning cartoons and the original Power Rangers show(shrug)

Edited by I like pie

I agree - these shows are high drama and take way too long to get things resolved - 
I confess I didn’t watch it all and I’m not sure if   Silent Bob is necessary to sell anything comic related , but I digress ... I suppose for comic book TV this is as good as it gets ..... for now ...I’m confident The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will reset those expectations 

5 hours ago, I like pie said:

So I've never been much of a DC guy but I've enjoyed many of their animated movies. With Crisis considered one of the best DC stories, I gave the show crossover a try.

I've watched the first few seasons of Flash and LoT and enjoyed them as well but this whole crossover has been really hard to watch.

It feels like a mix of Saturday morning cartoons and the original Power Rangers show(shrug)

4 hours ago, faster friends said:

Yea the story was a mess. But it was fun watching everyone work together.

3 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I agree - these shows are high drama and take way too long to get things resolved - 
I confess I didn’t watch it all and I’m not sure if   Silent Bob is necessary to sell anything comic related , but I digress ... I suppose for comic book TV this is as good as it gets ..... for now ...I’m confident The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will reset those expectations 

Like a comic book crossover series, what you may have missed is all the buildup appearances they did before this bringing us forward to the big Crisis event. But with that, no I wouldn't expect this to win any awards for storytelling. Nor did it need to.

As far as 'good as it gets', try Doom Patrol. Young Justice animated series and Titans Season 2. Plus, we will see what HBO Max brings to the table with Green Lantern and Strange Adventures. And yes, now we will have Falcon/Winter Soldier and WandaVision too.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:47 AM, faster friends said:

The story was a big mess - too much jumping all over the place and not very well written.

I also liked seeing everyone work together but I would hope next time they put effort in so that it's not all over the place.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:47 AM, faster friends said:

37 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

The story was a big mess - too much jumping all over the place and not very well written.

I also liked seeing everyone work together but I would hope next time they put effort in so that it's not all over the place.

When was the last time you read Crisis On Infinite Earths? Not that the crossover was perfect, but if you go back to the source where they jumped across worlds and characters you may be surprised how much this may match up. While also molding the story to fit the characters and events of the CW shows.

:foryou: :foryou:

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

When was the last time you read Crisis On Infinite Earths? Not that the crossover was perfect, but if you go back to the source where they jumped across worlds and characters you may be surprised how much this may match up. While also molding the story to fit the characters and events of the CW shows.

:foryou: :foryou:

It’s been years since I read it to be honest.

But while it may be useful to have knowledge of the back story, I feel it shouldn’t be a prerequisite, especially since I will assume most CW watchers have not read the comics.

:foryou:

9 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

It’s been years since I read it to be honest.

But while it may be useful to have knowledge of the back story, I feel it shouldn’t be a prerequisite, especially since I will assume most CW watchers have not read the comics.

:foryou:

You misunderstood the intent. You don't have to read the source material. But being aware how the CW modeled after the source material story approach does help.

It was great they honored the material so much, they had Marv Wolfman show up to get Barry and Kara's signature. :x

So, I finally started watching this today (Episode 4 is on TV as I type this).

90% of the acting is god-awful. Half of the dialogue makes me vomit in my mouth. Batwoman is insufferable. Supergirl is so freaking emo/annoying. Lois Lane is terrible.

Lex Luthor is okay. Weird actor choice, though. Kinda worked. Overall - simply garbage. Underwhelmed. Sad about the very short cameo for Welling.

Spoiler

THAT EZRA MILLER CAMEO? HOLY :censored:!

In the UK, we're just getting this next week. Is Batwoman part of it? The other 4 shows are on Sky but that isn't, so while Sky have been promoting Crisis they haven't mentioned Batwoman as part of the crossover.

2 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

In the UK, we're just getting this next week. Is Batwoman part of it? The other 4 shows are on Sky but that isn't, so while Sky have been promoting Crisis they haven't mentioned Batwoman as part of the crossover.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:05 PM, Bosco685 said:

We now know when The CW's "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover will grace our TV screens. During the network's presentation at the Television Critics Association press tour, the official dates and times for the five-night event were revealed.

• Supergirl - Sunday, December 8th (8/7c)
  • Batwoman - Monday, December 9th (8/7c)
  • The Flash - Tuesday, December 10th (8/7c)
  • Arrow - Tuesday, January 14, 2020 (8/7c)
  • Legends of Tomorrow - Tuesday, January 14, 2020 (9/8c)

As it stands now, the television adaptation of "Crisis" is shaping up to be a television event unlike any other.

Batgirl is part of the five-episode run.

14 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

Yes, and her character is 100% garbage. 2c

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Misquote.