• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider Verse #2 Black Error Covers
1 1

22 posts in this topic

I searched for a posting about this but wasn't able to find one.  I am unable to find values on the black error covers.  Looks like CGC doesn't label the error covers any differently than the regular maroon covers.

I know little about these books.  I have a friend asking me.

The black covers are on the left and the regular cover is on the right.  Any idea of values on them?

Thanks

spiderverse.jpg

1 hour ago, philippinescomics said:

I searched for a posting about this but wasn't able to find one.  I am unable to find values on the black error covers.  Looks like CGC doesn't label the error covers any differently than the regular maroon covers.

I know little about these books.  I have a friend asking me.

The black covers are on the left and the regular cover is on the right.  Any idea of values on them?

Thanks

spiderverse.jpg

They're not errors or variants. They're the result of print *variations* in the four-color printing process. There's no reason for them to be labeled differently.

On 13 December 2018 at 9:32 AM, ygogolak said:

If you are trying to sell them, I would definitely mention the ink variation. They have historically commanded a slight premium.

I would never pay more to buy one though, personally.

The black covers are a "Error Priint" and was corrected when noticed on the press.. Any black error covers that were sent out were recalled to the shop owners. That being said yes they are rarer then the Greg Land variants 1:25 that had a run of 400.. So these I would assume are way lower then the Greg Lamd 1:25 cover. Anyone who says there the same as the purple first print is dead wrong. They fetch a higher premium. Only reason why CGC doesn't recognise it as a black error one is because there is no number count on how many actually made it to the shelves.. But they are indeed extremely hard to find. 

5 hours ago, Kalel38 said:

The black covers are a "Error Priint" and was corrected when noticed on the press.. Any black error covers that were sent out were recalled to the shop owners. That being said yes they are rarer then the Greg Land variants 1:25 that had a run of 400.. So these I would assume are way lower then the Greg Lamd 1:25 cover. Anyone who says there the same as the purple first print is dead wrong. They fetch a higher premium. Only reason why CGC doesn't recognise it as a black error one is because there is no number count on how many actually made it to the shelves.. But they are indeed extremely hard to find. 

How do you figure they were sent out if they were noticed on press? You have a reliable source for anything you're suggesting?

Its just a color variation. The only difference is its on key book. Buyers will pay a slight premium for it especially an OCD buyer
who has to have everything. That being said stop trying to make this a comparable book to printed variants or "true error" books.

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

What difference? Nearly every book, key or not, has colour variations if you look at enough copies. Though some are more noticeable and striking than others.

I believe he meant people only advertise on higher priced books to try and push the value up.

Edited by I like pie

6 hours ago, I like pie said:

I believe he meant people only advertise on higher priced books to try and push the value up.

Nah. They use the same tactics to try to get people to buy their "rare" common drek. Meanwhile, nobody is calling attention to the fact that their New Mutants 87 cover is orange (for example).

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Nah. They use the same tactics to try to get people to buy their "rare" common drek. Meanwhile, nobody is calling attention to the fact that their New Mutants 87 cover is orange (for example).

Secret Wars 8 is another one orange vs Red

11 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

The orange/red thing could also be fading versus a color variation, which is probably why a redder cover could go for a little more. Avengers Annual 10 is in the same boat.