• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Immortal Hulk
1 1

47 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

Issue 36 was released today. Finally looks like Dr Frye is gonna be doing something, though not till next month.

4 hours ago, williamblood said:

thats his son del frye

Yeah, Dr. Frye,though alive, is still dismembered and buried under the mountain where Hulk placed him. His son Del has the same appearance and same poisonous radiation emanating from his person since they both were injected with the gamma radiation serum Dr. Frye concocted.

Edited by kairos70

37 came out today, it was a fairly interesting, though somewhat, choppy read. It's important to understand the leader is occupying multiple spaces/people which will make it make much more sense.

I also picked up #0 which came out last week I believe and it contains both new material and previously released material as well.

I'm a little behind.  I just read #0 (still haven't read #37 yet), but it's remarkable to see how knowledgeable of the characters written history Al Ewing is and how he's able to weave a coherent story using elements laid out by his predecessors.  I'm always astonished when a writer does such things because it shows a strong understanding of who these characters fundamentally are.  And for someone like myself who has never read anything prior to the copper age, reading Mantlo's words were eye opening.  It really shows how much narration there was and how, the stories then seemed so much more driven by the words than the art.  Nowadays you can read a book in like 5 minutes because there's so little content outside of eye candy.  But really loving what Ewing is doing with Immortal Hulk (and Guardians of the Galaxy).