• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What DVD's Came with Mini Comics?
1 1

40 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Pontoon said:

You also may want to try the Grand Comics Database and search for "mini comic." You'll get tons of results; parsing through for DVD versions might take some work. Here's a sample of Spider-Man minis:

https://www.comics.org/searchNew/?q=spider-man mini comic

Just to verify what you are talking about, when you say "Grand Comics Database", do you mean comics.org? Or is there another place? Sorry for the noob question.

- EDIT: I figured it out on my own. I see they are one and the same.

Edited by jfree580

There was a DVD of Dollhouse (from Joss Whedon) that had a mini comic.

Was there a Batman: Mask of the Phantasm one as well?

i can confirm the Sin City and Hellblazer books from my own collection, but it seems to me there are a bunch of other Marvel books...

28 minutes ago, Tony D said:

In 1993 Pizza Hut had VHS video tapes of the X-Men cartoon series that came with mini comics. There were four issues. My Comics Shop has pictures of the covers but they are not in stock. https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=210451

The link you sent, showing those comics, appear to all be in stock. Are those the ones you are talking about?

1 hour ago, Brock said:

There was a DVD of Dollhouse (from Joss Whedon) that had a mini comic.

Was there a Batman: Mask of the Phantasm one as well?

i can confirm the Sin City and Hellblazer books from my own collection, but it seems to me there are a bunch of other Marvel books...

I have no idea about the Batman, I've mostly found Marvel, but I am starting to see it is not limited to them. It appears lots of DVDs/VHS came with mini comics. Maybe not lots, but way more than I thought.

8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

106490799_ASM252DVDB.thumb.JPG.b2bd357f73b8cc9563ae2b2f6078a524.JPG

1779156218_ASM252DVDF.thumb.JPG.5c0d9fcc5d42b924ad07e8dee74842bd.JPG

1339538355_ASM300DVDB.thumb.JPG.c48b403549d9a267222b30ec9deb956f.JPG

1337209564_ASM300DVDF.thumb.JPG.f41edb729166d90b3a10c9d27f3dd9fc.JPG

419666315_HMVDVDExclusive.thumb.PNG.3d10ac1e002e9cf5a6b23eb408e8e841.PNG

560073693_MAAvengersDVDB.thumb.JPG.e1960c59fcd8f6d5663e50b268956d5f.JPG

386051247_MAAvengersDVDF.thumb.JPG.3fae504751c32f29ad002648868ff1ef.JPG

1713504487_SM3DVD3xMiniComics.thumb.JPG.ed05ec3c0103923adad0cf05e09b917d.JPG

519590803_TheBlackDVD.thumb.JPG.28e2c1838a0dd3f170276a1b2e18e997.JPG

Geeze! That's some great information! I was going to gather a list on the first page, but I'm seeing there may be more than I can keep up with. So Spiderman Origins either comes with ASM 300 or ASM 252? I wonder what the difference is (unless I'm just too tired and not reading it correctly?). @Get Marwood & I

Edited by jfree580

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:43 AM, Dan82 said:

I've got a Hulk #1, ASM #50, Ironman #1 and Punisher mini comic that all came from DVD's. They're pretty cool

There's one out there called 'The Good Morty' which is valuable and was included in Season one of Rick & Morty. Not my thing at all, but worth money all the same.

I went ahead and picked up a copy of "The Good Morty". I paid $40.00 for it, not sure if that's a good deal or not, but I wanted to see what it was all about. It's not my thing either, but I'll take a look at it, and re-sell it if necessary. If not, I'll just keep it in the collection of Mini Comics. Thanks for that tip! @Dan82

1 hour ago, jfree580 said:

Geeze! That's some great information! I was going to gather a list on the first page, but I'm seeing there may be more than I can keep up with. So Spiderman Origins either comes with ASM 300 or ASM 252? I wonder what the difference is (unless I'm just too tired and not reading it correctly?). @Get Marwood & I

You're welcome. Yes, they had two different versions available so you had to buy it twice to get both comics if you wanted them. At least the DVD covers / packaging made it clear which you would get. Quite clever I suppose, as the likelihood of the purchaser being a collector was high, so I bet quite a few people had to double up. Ah, completism. Those were the days....

Sorry I don't collect Marvel.  DC had a action figure line called First Appearance, that had the first appearance mini comic in the packaging.  It was really cute.  I got the Nightwing one because I just love Disco Nightwing.

I am not much of an action figure collector either and cannot find a website that list them either.  I am basically useless this morning. :(  Anyway these were NOT the released mego figures that I keep seeing, they were just regular action figures that came with a stand and in the costume of their first appearance.  They also had a line call Origins that had two figures, one with the original and one with the new costume.  That may have came with a comic too.

I would think Marvel did the same with a toy line too. 

Edit:  I found a link:

http://www.wackystacker.com/DCComics.html

Edited by nocutename

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

You're welcome. Yes, they had two different versions available so you had to buy it twice to get both comics if you wanted them. At least the DVD covers / packaging made it clear which you would get. Quite clever I suppose, as the likelihood of the purchaser being a collector was high, so I bet quite a few people had to double up. Ah, completism. Those were the days....

Yes, I have about 7 of the Spiderman Origin dvd's at the house right now, but all of them were purchased for the ASM 300. I'll have to look to get the 252 now! That definitely is wild, but you are right, at least they made it clear which one you were getting. @Get Marwood & I

4 hours ago, nocutename said:

Sorry I don't collect Marvel.  DC had a action figure line called First Appearance, that had the first appearance mini comic in the packaging.  It was really cute.  I got the Nightwing one because I just love Disco Nightwing.

I am not much of an action figure collector either and cannot find a website that list them either.  I am basically useless this morning. :(  Anyway these were NOT the released mego figures that I keep seeing, they were just regular action figures that came with a stand and in the costume of their first appearance.  They also had a line call Origins that had two figures, one with the original and one with the new costume.  That may have came with a comic too.

I would think Marvel did the same with a toy line too. 

Edit:  I found a link:

http://www.wackystacker.com/DCComics.html

That's pretty awesome, I have never seen that before. It actually appears that their pricing isn't too bad for an action figure and the comic. Well at least I don't think it's too unreasonable. 

Edited by jfree580

The black & white cover according to CCL is limited to 10,000 and was inserted at random. The color version in my collection came from the DVD pictured. 

IMG_0070.jpg.b445ab47317e1ebdba5003a5a972e4e6.jpgIMG_0071.jpg.d5bc4f617bb9b5183260eba4663f7bdd.jpgPunisher: Countdown 1-A by MarvelPunisher: Countdown 1-B by Marvel

Edited by Venom80

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

This will complete your spidey DVD package:

IMG_6206.thumb.PNG.4e8bca63085c790d83f8e47c299a2244.PNG

im not even joking. I first took notice of this when Stan died and this CGC copy appeared on the bay. It sold for almost 600 

Peter O'Tool lol

Ah,I hurried over as I just on Tuesday found the Spider-Man 3 double box with comic for 3.99loonies,but see Steve has it covered.!

Has anyone mentioned the surfer comic included in FF Rise of.. yet?