• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some kind of a new record for Marvel Super-Heroes #13

64 posts in this topic

This just ended for $12,401 - - more than 3 times its sale price of $3,870 in the same grade in January 2018! Captain Marvel fever! Wonder what will happen when that 9.8 comes out of hiding. 

598059813_ScreenShot2018-12-13at6_04_40PM.thumb.png.d6469bf65d0db036ac649ee28db53489.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Super-Heroes-13-1968-CGC-Graded-9-4-1st-Appearance-Carol-Danvers-/312359478692?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

All I know is I was at the store when it came out and when the guy took them out of box I grabbed the middle copy looked it over carefully and slipped in in a paper bag and it's been in a shelf in my closet ever since-

Just now, kav said:

All I know is I was at the store when it came out and when the guy took them out of box I grabbed the middle copy looked it over carefully and slipped in in a paper bag and it's been in a shelf in my closet ever since-

:flipbait:

1 minute ago, ivegotneatstuff said:

Photos or it didn’t happen :bigsmile:

No way I'm exposing that baby to light.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Sounds like a “9.9 MINT UNCIRCULATED!!!!!” for eBay...

I don't get it either. there were at least 2 people that were willing to spend at least 30k for it. 

I'm guessing it's a couple of people for whom $30k is like $30, $300, or $3k for the rest of us; easily disposable for the right collectible.  I just hope it wasn't some investor looking to flip or  cash it in a few years. 

And if you are the owner of the 9.8 but are a collector whose focus is Captain Marvel would you really let it go?  if you are confident prices will fall in the future you could sell now and maybe net $50k and then try to buy it back once the movies are done but risk it falling into the hands of another collector who will never part with it. 

2 minutes ago, justafan said:

I don't get it either. there were at least 2 people that were willing to spend at least 30k for it. 

I'm guessing it's a couple of people for whom $30k is like $30, $300, or $3k for the rest of us; easily disposable for the right collectible.  I just hope it wasn't some investor looking to flip or  cash it in a few years. 

And if you are the owner of the 9.8 but are a collector whose focus is Captain Marvel would you really let it go?  if you are confident prices will fall in the future you could sell now and maybe net $50k and then try to buy it back once the movies are done but risk it falling into the hands of another collector who will never part with it. 

sell a book for 50K that was worth at most 1K last year? I definitely would. The book doesn't mean anything to me though.

2 hours ago, kav said:

They aren't talking about this one silly....

MS.jpg

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

sell a book for 50K that was worth at most 1K last year? I definitely would. The book doesn't mean anything to me though.

Only 50k?  If the 9.6 went for over 30 grand and there’s only one 9.8 out there, I’d wager the 9.8 will break six figures on the current hype train.