• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor X's Christmas Contest 2018 is in Motion
12 12

1,425 posts in this topic

O.k. folks, we are just about ready to get started here. As usual, lets keep the nasty stuff out of here and have some fun for a few days. We do have a few women on here so lets be civil.

And don't get your undies all in a twist if you get your peanuts busted, its all in fun so get use to it, and roll with it baby.

Last year we had around 130 contestants. Feel free to spread the word to the other dorks in other forums and get them over here to play. I would like to get around 150 people this year so help me out and spread the word.

I think this is a pretty good contest prize wise,  and no matter how wretched your guess is, everyone does have a chance to win something here, so get involved.

Take your time and read the rules and check out the prize lists. No need to be the first one to guess you have a few days to think about it. I try and tweek things a bit each year to make it more interesting wether you like it or not.

And please hold off posting anything till I get everything up and running and post the change.  Alright, get ready to rock and roll.

:news: Coming up in a few Minutes :applause:

The Rules ----- :rulez:

The Contest

The Prizes - some of them.  :idea:

The Kaos

Black and White Sci Fi

Greggy's dental x rays, mysterious lights, flashing signals, my big pulsating packages, and ??????

..................................................something huge coming. :whatthe:

:banana:

This years contest will be the same as last year more or less. You dorks still can't figure out when to post for the flashing Bat Signal.  :cry:  It's become a  tradition. The main contest is the same as usual. There will be Mystery Boxes and Bonus Boxes too. And maybe a few " DAILY DOUBLES". :whee:

I have a huge container that I save coins in all year. At the end of the year I cash it in. You know the program. Try and guess the amount of coins on display for the FOUR MAIN PRIZES.

The rest of the prizes are spread out randomly over the contest, and are won by posting :takeit: to the various signals that pop up so pay attention and get your hands out of the Cheeto bag.

I will post of picture of the change ticket from the bank, date and time stamped as it came out of the machine from the bank, after the winners are announced.

:news:  CONTEST ENDS SUNDAY AFTERNOON 12/16 AT 3 P.M CENTRAL TIME :blahblah:

The Rules ------------------------------

1.  You get " ONE " guess at the four main prizes. You have four days to figure up a number. Take your time. No changing your answers either. Not going to fly.

2. Numbers are entered on a list containing 20 entries per page so its easy for me to track the # of entries and the amounts.

3. Closest people to the actual amount are the winners wether higher or lower.

4. Contest open to "any" legit boardie. No HOS or Probations.

5. Everyone is eligible to win the four main prizes. All other prizes are for U.S. residents only. Shipping is just to ridiculous but our overseas and Canadian friends can still win the four main prizes.

6. Shipping is on me anywhere. Prizes are mailed out within 30 days but usually quicker, and that will depend on if I'm in the Amazon taking down a 45ft Python that escaped from a secret lab.

7. And please. One alternate prize per person. The includes Mystery, Bonus, or Daily Doubles. If you already win one please don't post for another one, just to see how fast you are or as a joke. Someone else who wants that prize may refrain from posting for it,  if he sees someone else hit the :takeit:first. Then I have to explain this and re-post the same prize again, so please control yourself.

CONTEST DEADLINE IS 3 P.M. Central Time on Sunday the 16th

Once again this year there will be 4 bonus boxes available.

These are available to U.S. residents " only ". Sorry people but the shipping is just ridiculous now, but you can still win one of the four main prizes and have lots of fun in here.

The first person who posts the :takeit:AFTER I post the flashing signal will win the book. I will post a heads up with the available prize and a time window on these, so pay attention if that's possible. :baiting:

These can pop up and any time 24/7 so don't cry to me if you miss one cause your fiddle farting around. LOL.  crying-and-sorry-little-monkey-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go tell Greggy your problems. He's a dork and will probably start showing you pics of all the drek he collects, and that will definitely put you to sleep and you won't win anything.

Remember, wait for the flashing signal. 

Edited by DR.X

Here are the 6 Mystery Boxes that will be popping up throughout the contest,  when I post the pulsating package. These will be popping up randomly at any hour with no heads up. The first :takeit: when this signal appears gets a mystery box.

animated-present-and-gift-image-0021.gif

These are in no order and were boxed up some time ago, so I have no idea what is in each. I could care less, and neither should you since its free. LOL. You will receive one of them. There are some pretty good ones in here too. If you don't like your prize that's just too bad. crying-and-sorry-little-monkey-smiley-em

Avengers the Korvac Saga H.C. This is just a fantastic read. Brand new in shrink wrap.

002.jpg

Captain America -  Operation Rebirth. Brand new in shrink wrap.

001.jpg

Eternals by Neil Gaiman - H.C. - Brand new in shrink wrap.

004.jpg

D.C. Special Giant Issue Secret Origins in H.C. Brand new.

Donated by Skypinkblu

image.png.f3117121960b26cc0554cd720a77cd71.png

Batman The Dark Knight Unwrapped - H.C. brand new in shrink wrap.

Donated by Skypinkblu

006.jpg

Golden Age Sub-Mariner Vol #2 - Brand new in shrink wrap.

007.jpg

Edited by DR.X

There could possibly be a few random items tossed in here from a few donations we "might" get? :golfclap: I will announce these if they pop up. hm 

The U.F.O. may pop up at any time and a prize will be available.  I may post a time window on these and I may not depending on my mood and if I get boozed up.

When you spot the U.F.O. hit it baby, hit it. :takeit:

giphy.gif&key=5749bcaa688706c181b0a81a00

There " might " be a " Daily Double " thrown in. I might post a  time window on these, or not, or it can pop up any time day or night.  You snooze you lose. Someone will win them.

First  :takeit: when you see this signal pop up gets a double prize. Two books for one hit dorks.

U..S. Residents Only!!

giphy.gif&key=60c1c0598492ea768e5c1e3476

READ CAREFULLY

U.S RESIDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR ALL PRIZES.

OVER SEAS AND CANADIAN CONTESTANTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE MAIN PRIZES "ONLY".

Please keep this in mind as we get started.

There are four main prizes -  available worldwide

6 Mystery Boxes - u.s residents only.

4 Bonus Boxes - u.s. residents only.

Daily Doubles ???? - u.s. residents only.

????? AND............................. stay tuned. :whatthe:

Fourth Place will win a H.C. copy of Boy Commandos Vol 2 in shrink wrap. Contains stories from  Detective  #74 - 85, Worlds Finest #10 - 13, and Boy Commandos #3 - 5. The win of a lifetime.

008.jpg

I may have a big surprise coming up sometime later in the contest ????:whee:

I may finally reveal " Dr.X's Big Monster. :whatthe:

giphy.gif

Its huge, its thick, it might take two hands to get a grip on it.  It may drive the women boardies screaming into the night, rub your eyes in disbelief, hump that mod button, call up Porcupine, Lizard,  or whoever. Try and stop me from posting it, just try. LOL.  lol

Coming in a few minutes, the contest coins. Once I post this we are off and running. Remember you get one guess at the main prizes, but lots of other prizes to win. Keep is civil people.  :whee: