• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor X's Christmas Contest 2018 is in Motion
12 12

1,425 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

well you know he could offer up some of his art and maybe use a different signal than one used in the contest. Might be nice to ask the contest organizer before that of course-- and you know-- STOP MESSING WITH THE MAN, he has a headache!

Sorry!!!  

10 minutes ago, kav said:
21 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

STOP MESSING WITH THE MAN, he has a headache!

Sorry!!!  

The headaches might be related to the operation...., 

3 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

I have a second set of these sci-fi DVD's.  I must be a glutton for punishment. lol

This has the classic Horror of Spider Island, but I liked Hercules Unchained the best.... so far.

Teenagers From Outer Space is horrible, but funny. They all climb out of a flying saucer thats as big as a car standing up and its only about 4 feet thick.

2 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

Can my wife join the boards and take a guess? :foryou:

I think I guessed too high. hm

If she's only joining to put in a guess I would have to say no. That would open up the floodgates and not be fair to our members.

Edited by DR.X

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

Teenagers From Outer Space is horrible, but funny. They all climb out of a flying saucer thats as big as a car standing up and its only about 4 feet thick.

I love the scene where the death ray turns swimmer into skeleton, complete with the wires that hold a display skeleton together.  Joel and the Bots demolished this mess of a film.

Edited by kav

Just now, kav said:

I love the scene where the death ray turns swimmer into skeleton, complete with the wires that hold a display skeleton together.

Lets face it the movie has a certain reputation for having a small time budget. However, contrary to rumors the flying saucer in the movie was not a paper plate or a Frisbee.

It was an authentic model kit. (thumbsu

Side note-the first good sci fi film was 2001-Kubrick and Clarke wanted to make a 'good' sci fi film-such a thing was unheard of.  Some would argue that forbidden planet was good and it was but they were shooting much higher.