• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor X's Christmas Contest 2018 is in Motion
12 12

1,425 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, DR.X said:

O.k. people. I will be gone here and there depending on how far we ride and lunch or whatever else. There will be at least 4 more prizes coming up before midnight tonight and they could pop up anytime.

Seems we are behind last years entries so everyone must be boozed up or hiding around here. Spread the word if you want. I really want everyone to have some fun in here, and I like a good insult myself but be ready to get one back. :banana:

And again I will repeat it. Special announcement around 8 tonight, unless I pick up some woman with the Harley as they have been know to jump out of cars and hop on the back.

8pm-- what time zone?

9 minutes ago, grebal said:

The mean and median are closing in on each other.

And your guess is right at the median, how freaky is that?

it was on purpose when I chose my guess though for a while it was trending higher.

here is my long, drawn out explanation for those who give a spoon

Spoiler

In years past--evaluate the jars of coins to get an approximate volume, make some guesses toward the average make up a square inch of the change, then calculate the approximate value of the hoard. This year, that seems less feasible to me. For all we know, there is a huge depression in the middle of that table where tons of more money is secretly stashed away from view. Facing those possibilities, I went for a number that was similar to previous years as the overall amount of change DR.X accumulates seems fairly consistent. When he was still giving the money to the kids- and adding purchased dollar coins etc to the pile-- it always seemed with the intent of giving them around 500-600 bucks each. That was my formula or theory of how best to approach it. If he were super sneaky- he could load the underlying mass of coins with a pile of pennies and totally throw people off the actual value. I get the impression though that this accumulation is just done naturally and there are no hidden agendas.

Though part of me wonders if the big news tonight will be a shot from underneath the table showing a large clear bowl LOADED with nothing but pennies. Nah!

in the end-- it is merely a guess and the use of statistics of the general population (more eyes/guesses) seems reasonable while also allowing me to be as lazy as possible in arriving at a somewhat educated guess. Either way-- it is fun.

Time to get this thread rolling again. Wow, we are way behind last years number of contestants. Still lots of time to get in on the fun and win something. Lots of stuff going to be happening, I am in for the night. Had a nice ride today. Stopped by a Chase office center on my way to meet some brothers. I pass by this building all the time and something made me pull over.

Took a few pics and was thinking of the movie Die Hard, and how I could take over the complex. Some woman pulls in as I was getting ready to leave and I see her pulling out her cell and she wont get out of the car. Probably did not like my mask. LOL. I figured it was time to " exit stage left ". Didn't feel like getting pulled over today.

chase bank 1.jpg

chase bank 2.jpg

chase bank 3.jpg

Edited by DR.X