• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor X's Christmas Contest 2018 is in Motion
12 12

1,425 posts in this topic

Thanks for a fun thread!  I have a little catchall basket.  I cash it in every few months at coin star.  I usually have around 18-20 dollars in it after fishing out the quarters for laundry.  I get an Amazon gift card and spend it on something for myself.  I should save it up but heck it is only change.  :$

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

Fourth Place with a guess of $1492.76  and the winner of the Boy Commandos H.C. goes to?

image.gif.082559dbf36f25953d994439ca9e4c33.gif

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

Thunsicker

Thanks Tim.  Looks like a great read!  Past contests I was always low, so I learned my lesson.  Even then I came in below the total.  lol

38 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Seriously. I go to the bank at least once and sometimes three times a week. Every time I go I get $20.00 or better in rolls of quarters, dimes, whatever. Plus what I get in change, since I like to pay cash for things. I do this every week like clockwork and throw it in a Home Depot bucket. This year the bucket weighed 86 pounds. When I go in the bank other people are there with a sandwich bag of coins or a small can. They just stare at me as I scoop the coins out of the Home Depot bucket with a small tuperware scoop. It takes about twenty minutes to fish the coins in the machine. The women at the bank have been getting me rolls of coins since this contest started and always ask what I want this week. There, the secret is out. ^^

wow.got to be real heavy to lug that in ... i would be afraid that the handle would break , unless you are holding it in by the bottom

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

Another great contest Dr. And I am absolutely terrible at guessing the coins. I'm never close. But I do win one of the other prizes almost every year. So I can't complain. 

everyone has a chance to win something. the coins is just the luck of a guess but someone has to win.

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

And 1st place with a guess of $1531.12  and the undisputed winner of the 2018 Christmas Contest, and the Wonder Woman H.C. goes to?

image.gif.082559dbf36f25953d994439ca9e4c33.gif

Thanks Doc for doing this and talk about dumb luck on my part :applause:

45 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

wow.got to be real heavy to lug that in ... i would be afraid that the handle would break , unless you are holding it in by the bottom

I put it on a small luggage dolly that has two wheels like people use at the airports and wheel it in.

33 minutes ago, DR.X said:

when's the contest?

You can save time with drawing by assigning #'s and using online random number generator