• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Comics FILE COPIES - The BIG 2

10 posts in this topic

I’ve done some research and have been able to come up with the following :

ACTION 1. -  ONE FILE COPY. Has cover. Complete ?  Housed at DC Library in Burbank, CA  

Tec 27 -  THREE FILE COPIES. One Raw. Coverless. Complete? Housed at DC Library in Burbank, CA

2 Voldys. 1 Coveless missing CF with CR/ OW and the other complete with Brittle pages.plus 2 staples added ( Bob Kane Fike as well )

Anyine know if any others pertaining to The Big 2 ? 

Edited by Chicago Boy

Not being the swiftest athlete on the track, I need some explanations...

1.  "Tec 27 -  THREE FILE COPIES. One Raw. Coverless. Complete?"  Are you saying that one copy is raw AND coverless or that one is raw and another one is coverless?  Are you asking if all copies are complete or just particular ones?

2.  "2 Voldys."  What's a "Voldy"?

3.  "Bob Kane Fike"  What's a "Fike"?

Edited by pemart1966

29 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

1.  "Tec 27 -  THREE FILE COPIES. One Raw. Coverless. Complete?"  Are you saying that one copy is raw AND coverless or that one is raw and another one is coverless?  Are you asking if all copies are complete or just particular ones?

Can't speak to the first point. Regarding your second and as far as what Voldy means, I believe it's when you add parts from multiple copies to complete a book. And regarding point 3, I believe he was saying Bob Kane "File" copy and simply misspelled file.

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

1 Does not have a cover and is raw ( not graded ). I’ve only  seen video of it so I don’t know if all the pages are there 

2. Voldy is a Board nickname for another grading/certification company ( aka not to be mentioned ) 

3. Darkseid was correct.  Typo.  Meant to type Bob Kane FILE Copy. 

12 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

1 Does not have a cover and is raw ( not graded ). I’ve only  seen video of it so I don’t know if all the pages are there 

2. Voldy is a Board nickname for another grading/certification company ( aka not to be mentioned ) 

3. Darkseid was correct.  Typo.  Meant to type Bob Kane FILE Copy. 

Ohhh, I guess that's a frankenstein copy then lol. Voldy, Frankenstein, who can keep up with these nicknames anymore. Can we start calling something a Bill Murray? He's my favorite actor lol.

13 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Supposedly DC, or the then head, had a really really nice Action 1, but they took it apart in the early 70s to make the Famous First Edition and then laminated the pages and threw them in a three ring binder which they put in the lobby of the office.  

It would have been interesting to hear the discussion (if there was one) about the then value ($ and rarity) of the original to be taken apart vs the $ to be made selling all of the FFEs.  Keep in mind that Action 1 had never been reprinted up to that time.  Very few people had read it.  It was a HUGE deal when all of these FFEs started coming out.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on them.  

On 12/14/2018 at 4:02 PM, sfcityduck said:

Supposedly DC, or the then head, had a really really nice Action 1, but they took it apart in the early 70s to make the Famous First Edition and then laminated the pages and threw them in a three ring binder which they put in the lobby of the office.  

That would make 2 AC 1’s and 3 Tec 27’s .......