• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Complete Action 1 on eBay!

120 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Will be really fun to watch this 1 !!!!!   Same one that was in the FS thread here I assume ?

4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Will be really fun to watch this 1 !!!!!   Same one that was in the FS thread here I assume ?

Didn’t realize there was one in the for sale thread previously. Could be this one, I’m not sure though. If a coverless complete comic ever had the ability to finally break the $100K threshold at auction (hasn’t happened yet of course) I’d say this one does at this moment.

Edited by LDarkseid1

5 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Didn’t realize there was one in the for sale thread previously. Could be this one, I’m not sure though. If a coverless complete comic ever had the ability to finally break the $100K threshold at auction (hasn’t happened yet of course) I’d say this one does at this moment.

I think it’s a 100k book myself. 

22 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Over 50k. Hope Hudson is in the running ......

Yeah I mean it’s getting higher and higher. Has a copy even broke like $70K-$75K at auction? The only one I can recall by way of public auction was one that sold in the $60K-$70K range I think but a while ago. I know a raw complete copy sold privately a year or so ago for around $85K. So I would think this has a solid shot to sell for more than that. It seems a solid coverless complete graded copy hasn’t hit an auction for years.

This listing puzzles me. 

I was advised by the previous owner of this book that he had refused an offer from a reputable private buyer for $105,000 a little less than  a year ago

So the seller did not own this book a year ago?  And must have bought it less than a year ago for more than $105,000?

A raw, heavily RESTORED copy sold this year on eBay for over $145,000 with NO centerfold! It would not be a surprise if this book realizes a price similar to the restored incomplete copy from earlier this year, or higher, especially being the fact that this copy being offered is 100% UNRESTORED

So he is trying to make $145K?

He does not appear to have a reserve.  Putting this book up right before Christmas when many are distracted or spending on other priorities seems a bit risky.  

I hope this guy beats $110K, because I'm guessing that's what he bought the book for and is now trying to turn a quick profit.  (Unless he got it in a trade.)

Call me risk adverse, but I'd not want to pay $110K to try to make $20K or $30K, with a potential $60K downside.

Edited by sfcityduck

2 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

This listing puzzles me. 

So the seller did not own this book a year ago?  And must have bought it less than a year ago for more than $105,000?

So he is trying to make $145K?

He does not appear to have a reserve.  Putting this book up right before Christmas when many are distracted or spending on other priorities seems a bit risky.  

I hope this guy beats $110K, because I'm guessing that's what he bought the book for and is now trying to turn a quick profit.  (Unless he got it in a trade.)

Call me risk adverse, but I'd not want to pay $110K to try to make $20K or $30K, with a potential $60K downside.

When we're saying that a copy missing a cover is worth more than a copy missing only the centerfold, it feels like we're living in an inside out world.  

35 minutes ago, bluechip said:

When we're saying that a copy missing a cover is worth more than a copy missing only the centerfold, it feels like we're living in an inside out world.  

Missing CF is a 150k book Id say. Maybe even 200k 

Edited by Chicago Boy

19 minutes ago, woowoo said:

You do know that it was restored and missing centerfold and last wrap was split (shrug)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/382488937438?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

Action comics 1.jpg

Whoops 😬!  I do now.  Action 1 always gives me chills like no other book —just reading that eBay description even with the restoration. Too bad you can’t reverse a cover clean dammit 

13 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Whoops 😬!  I do now.  Action 1 always gives me chills like no other book —just reading that eBay description even with the restoration. Too bad you can’t reverse a cover clean dammit 

I never believed that cover clean is Resto, No color touch pieces added, just getting dirt off cover from paper that was cleaned before it was printed on.:preach:

3 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I never believed that cover clean is Resto, No color touch pieces added, just getting dirt off cover from paper that was cleaned before it was printed on.:preach:

I see your point. I just have a hard time with that one for some reason. I always felt trimming wasn’t Resto myself but damaging the physical property of the book 

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

You do know that it was restored and missing centerfold and last wrap was split (shrug)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/382488937438?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

Action comics 1.jpg

And  you do know we're talking about a copy with a cover?   

Do you really (I mean "really??") believe a copy missing cover is equal to or greater than a copy which has the cover, if the copy without cover is "unrestored"?    

"I'll retire to Bedlam."

7 minutes ago, bluechip said:

And  you do know we're talking about a copy with a cover?   

Do you really (I mean "really??") believe a copy missing cover is equal to or greater than a copy which has the cover, if the copy without cover is "unrestored"?    

"I'll retire to Bedlam."

I never said that. I went off of his Quote below

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Missing CF is a 150k book Id say. Maybe even 200k 

I was letting him know that the cover copy was restored and he said

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

So that being said of course a coverless copy is worth more than a copy with a cover if you really think I think that.:makepoint: