• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Complete Action 1 on eBay!

120 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I never said that. I went off of his Quote below

I was letting him know that the cover copy was restored and he said

So that being said of course a coverless copy is worth more than a copy with a cover if you really think I think that.:makepoint:

I recline corrected.  

I also recall reading the sellers description and feeling there's a lack of experience maybe, regarding their train of thought. This person also incorrectly states the copy that sold for $145K had extensive restoration. Last I recall, it was explained that copy was likely slight/moderate or moderate in resto, but definitely not extensive. That made me wonder if this person is simply embellishing or doesn't know any better.

Also, anyone notice the weird inconsistency in the photos? Two at the end look to be inside somewhere and on a tile floor. The rest are outside from what it seems and on concrete. I thought that was actually a bit weird, maayyyybbbeee borderline red flag. The fact he put the case on concrete either way makes me shake my head a little. What if he scratched it up? I'm sorry, but that should be represented if so. But to sell a book like this, big time blue chip book and not have a level of consistency is a bit distracting to me.

6 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

This listing puzzles me. 

So the seller did not own this book a year ago?  And must have bought it less than a year ago for more than $105,000?

So he is trying to make $145K?

He does not appear to have a reserve.  Putting this book up right before Christmas when many are distracted or spending on other priorities seems a bit risky.  

I hope this guy beats $110K, because I'm guessing that's what he bought the book for and is now trying to turn a quick profit.  (Unless he got it in a trade.)

Call me risk adverse, but I'd not want to pay $110K to try to make $20K or $30K, with a potential $60K downside.

To be clear, I really hope this book sells for $110K also, but I'd be surprised if it even breaks $100K. No previous unrestored coverless complete has come close to the $100K mark. However and once again, it's been a while since the last copy hit the auction block so if it were ever possible I'd say now it is. Yet, $105K seems like it was a very solid offer for this lol.

Well, the seller consistent.  Every item listed in his feedback is rare.  Every time he shows up here in the marketplace, rules are broken.  Having this end at 9:00 PM Christmas Eve is a bad time.  With that said, if it goes for lower than 100K, someone will have got a good deal.  

Hello everyone 

I am the seller of the Ac1.   Ive only used the boards a handful of time which explains some of the rule breaking.  I assure you Im a lot more comfortable with the rules :)

regarding the Ac1, just wanted to point out that the centerfold is securely attached and the cgc case has no cracks or chips.   I will try to add high res scans to the auction 

best of luck to everyone bidding 

20 hours ago, Topcollectibles88 said:

Hello everyone 

I am the seller of the Ac1.   Ive only used the boards a handful of time which explains some of the rule breaking.  I assure you Im a lot more comfortable with the rules :)

You might want to work a little harder on the rules.  The FF #1 in your new FS thread is listed on ebay.

FRAKIN wow its ACTION COMICS # 1 Coverless or not its a STUNNING and rare complete example & a dream book for all but the most advanced collectors. Regardless of all the speculation, assumptions and conjecture on these boards it may, in fact, be the only/last way anyone without unlimited funds ( not that 100k plus is in the wheelhouse for many of us) will ever hope to own arguably the most  iconic & historic comic book ever published ( and I am a Batman guy lol). 

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE & TO THE NEW OWNER (  I admit it I am jealous of what it's going to feel like owning that book )  My prediction is over 100lk ( lotto # 102.612)......................... X mas eve or not

PS congrats on the Tec 27 sale it was a solid hammer price

Edited by Frank Mozz

3 hours ago, Topcollectibles88 said:

Very exciting to see the activity on this book.  A world record for a Coverless sale of a comic will take place. How much?  We shall see!

It’s already done that. No coverless comic has ever sold for over $70K (at auction) as far as I know. So it’s already made a world record.

Edited by LDarkseid1

1 hour ago, Topcollectibles88 said:

The action 1 ends this evening!   Going to be very exciting to see the bidding war at the very end!!!

OO turned down 105k.  Worth 100k.  I need this to go high Meat ( as do the backer (s) ). Let’s do this !