• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Complete Action 1 on eBay!

120 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

There is clearly an unrealistic perception or expectation when folks are “dissapointed” when a book sells for a record price. Geesh. 

I agree ... but I’ll allow for some dissapointmemt for the sellers 20k+ mistake not taking the 105k offer if that was real...ouch.

33 minutes ago, szavisca said:

I agree ... but I’ll allow for some dissapointmemt for the sellers 20k+ mistake not taking the 105k offer if that was real...ouch.

If that offer was real, I cannot understand why the person did not take it....on the hand the book could have gone for more...but something does not seem right...I would never of sold that book under 100K but that my opinion

4 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

If that offer was real, I cannot understand why the person did not take it....on the hand the book could have gone for more...but something does not seem right...I would never of sold that book under 100K but that my opinion

I mean it just comes down to the fact selling at auction is unpredictable. If someone actually offered $105K, for the seller to not take it than they weren’t very well versed in market prices. Considering the highest previous sales at auction were in the $60K-$70K range, even being several years ago it’s safe to at least assume it might only sell for a little more than that.

8 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

The book is not in the hands of the buyer yet Mitch (shrug)

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

There is clearly an unrealistic perception or expectation when folks are “dissapointed” when a book sells for a record price. Geesh. 

100%  dead on with this one, the book just broke a record and as to the 105 offer does anyone know the complete story on that? What were the details?

" I SAY I SAY BOY ITS ALL ABOUT TIMING IF YOU WANT TO BE A CHICKEN HAWK" If the new owner put this up on a  BIN for 99.999 it would sell in a very short time. I sincerely feel that timing was a factor on several levels for this book not hitting 100k. I don't know how much of an impact the auction ending on X mas eve was but have to assume it had to have some ( its just a bad time to post this period ) also a bin would gives people time to move money around ie sell off books or other collectibles to make a move on a book in this caliber. I would note that the stock market being all over the place on 401ks ect doesn't help, people I know are nervous about there money right now. If this had been listed last summer for 99k it sells asap imho. My conclusion I think the buyer got a good solid deal & the seller set a world record! MERRY XMAS to both of them!

Edited by Frank Mozz

8 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

100%  dead on with this one, the book just broke a record and as to the 105 offer does anyone know the complete story on that? What were the details?

The “seller” (David Arnold ) stated that 105k was turned down  It was brought to the boards for a BIN of $125k (asking price ) and then subsequently moved to the Bay after its counterpart presumably  sold ( Supes 1)  privately with the same ASKING price. Solid  price for that specific  Tec 27    MC or VZ can give you the full scoop off line if you ask. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

7 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

" I SAY I SAY BOY ITS ALL ABOUT TIMING IF YOU WANT TO BE A CHICKEN HAWK" If the new owner put this up on a  BIN for 99.999 it would sell in a very short time. I sincerely feel that timing was a factor on several levels for this book not hitting 100k. I don't know how much of an impact the auction ending on X mas eve was but have to assume it had to have some ( its just a bad time to post this period ) also a bin would gives people time to move money around ie sell off books or other collectibles to make a move on a book in this caliber. I would note that the stock market being all over the place on 401ks ect doesn't help, people I know are nervous about there money right now. If this had been listed last summer for 99k it sells asap imho. My conclusion I think the buyer got a good solid deal & the seller set a world record! MERRY XMAS to both of them!

I dig your BIN strategy. First offer comes in at 85k eclipsing the sale price