• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Complete Action 1 on eBay!

120 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

" I SAY I SAY BOY ITS ALL ABOUT TIMING IF YOU WANT TO BE A CHICKEN HAWK" If the new owner put this up on a  BIN for 99.999 it would sell in a very short time. I sincerely feel that timing was a factor on several levels for this book not hitting 100k. I don't know how much of an impact the auction ending on X mas eve was but have to assume it had to have some ( its just a bad time to post this period ) also a bin would gives people time to move money around ie sell off books or other collectibles to make a move on a book in this caliber. I would note that the stock market being all over the place on 401ks ect doesn't help, people I know are nervous about there money right now. If this had been listed last summer for 99k it sells asap imho. My conclusion I think the buyer got a good solid deal & the seller set a world record! MERRY XMAS to both of them!

I believe it’s an 80kish book and would/will continue to sell in this range for the foreseeable future. 

9 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

do you think that it might not ever get there?

He took a 22k plus hit if he turned down 105k.  The seller wont take a bad feedback since he had someone else sell the book for him. I have bought some nice key books off ebay that I got cheap and the seller took a Neg feedback instead of selling me the book that cheap(shrug) I got e-mail from them saying cant find the book. I really don't know what the owner of the book will do.

25 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I believe it’s an 80kish book and would/will continue to sell in this range for the foreseeable future. 

I understand it sold at a solid record price but imho does not represent the full current market potential of this book, ( I would note it seems like there was a legit 105 offer on the table) truth is if the new owner gives me 4 weeks I would do the 99k ( sell a few more common gems) & could even live with the potential 15k negative equity for the next few yrs :).

Edited by Frank Mozz

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

The “seller” (David Arnold ) stated that 105k was turned down  It was brought to the boards for a BIN of $125k (asking price ) and then subsequently moved to the Bay after its counterpart presumably  sold ( Supes 1)  privately with the same ASKING price. Solid  price for that specific  Tec 27    MC or VZ can give you the full scoop off line if you ask. 

Actually the supes 1 is now on clink  at 117k

Strange if it sold and now on clink...

15 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

I understand it sold at a solid record price but imho does not represent the full current market potential of this book, ( I would note it seems like there was a legit 105 offer on the table) truth is if the new owner gives me 4 weeks I would do the 99k ( sell a few more common gems) & could even live with the potential 15k negative equity for the next few yrs :).

One person does not a market make... multiple coverless copies have now sold at 75k,80k and 82k. That’s pretty consistent and indicative one does not need to pay more now to obtain a copy

2 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

One person does not a market make... multiple coverless copies have now sold at 75k,80k and 82k. That’s pretty consistent and indicative one does not need to pay more now to obtain a copy

I agree! Im now in the market for A coverless Action 1 unrestored no missing pieces, cream to off white or better. Same quality or better as this one.

Offer Price at 80k

8 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Actually the supes 1 is now on clink  at 117k

Strange if it sold and now on clink...

Interesting.  Thanks. I think it’s in a new owners hands if it’s in CLink. Looking for a quick flip and 20kish profit ( all speculation on my part ). Holden , did you end up getting the Tec for 35k ?  Ever pick up a coverkess since we both lost out on the one here on the boards ?

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

The “seller” (David Arnold ) stated that 105k was turned down  It was brought to the boards for a BIN of $125k (asking price ) and then subsequently moved to the Bay after its counterpart presumably  sold ( Supes 1)  privately with the same ASKING price. Solid  price for that specific  Tec 27    MC or VZ can give you the full scoop off line if you ask. 

What was the Superman 1 that sold? Graded? Condition?

55 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Absolutely correct  Gator. my point was that someone was willing to pay 105, this one ended on an auction at 80+ on an ebay auction on x mas eve, so the assumption that 80ish is the current FMV seems low to me and in the right circumstances I feel you could get better number , now I am not as plugged in as you are so I may not be as aware of recent confirmed private or auctioned sale of complete coverless examples so I could just be off on the FMV.

29 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

Absolutely correct  Gator. my point was that someone was willing to pay 105, this one ended on an auction at 80+ on an ebay auction on x mas eve, so the assumption that 80ish is the current FMV seems low to me and in the right circumstances I feel you could get better number , now I am not as plugged in as you are so I may not be as aware of recent confirmed private or auctioned sale of complete coverless examples so I could just be off on the FMV.

I guess I wouldn’t rely on hearsay to gage market or fmv . Just trends and actual sales and market conditions. 

One doesn’t have to be plugged in (I’m so far from plugged in these days) just dilegent. I would think anyone willing to spend 80k on a book has done their research and realize that regardless of what it “feels” like, this is an 80kish type book (though no one knows the future of course)

good luck in your search. If you really want to spend 100k on a copy, send me a pm, I can probably make it happen :)

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Interesting.  Thanks. I think it’s in a new owners hands if it’s in CLink. Looking for a quick flip and 20kish profit ( all speculation on my part ). Holden , did you end up getting the Tec for 35k ?  Ever pick up a coverkess since we both lost out on the one here on the boards ?

Nope... The seller was doing and auction! He was the auction house. So Apparently me and another guy were fighting it out... I just said forget this. To sketch. Missing the CF also. 

So weird to have an auction when the seller decides. If you want an auction put it on ebay or An auction house.

Also he wanted all cash and when i say cash. He meant 100 dollar bills. 

17 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I guess I wouldn’t rely on hearsay to gage market or fmv . Just trends and actual sales and market conditions. 

One doesn’t have to be plugged in (I’m so far from plugged in these days) just dilegent. I would think anyone willing to spend 80k on a book has done their research and realize that regardless of what it “feels” like, this is an 80kish type book (though no one knows the future of course)

good luck in your search. If you really want to spend 100k on a copy, send me a pm, I can probably make it happen :)

Dont forget my open 80k offer🙏🏼

Im looking for one☝️

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Nope... The seller was doing and auction! He was the auction house. So Apparently me and another guy were fighting it out... I just said forget this. To sketch. Missing the CF also. 

So weird to have an auction when the seller decides. If you want an auction put it on ebay or An auction house.

Also he wanted all cash and when i say cash. He meant 100 dollar bills. 

Just to clarify the Tec27 missing CF was unrestored cgc. It wss another boardie and not David Who had a restored Tec 27 that just sold in december and also not his Ac 1. He did not want all cash.

The other boardie who had wanted all cash and was doing his own silent auction. I would have did more than 35k but all cash and bidding against a ghost maybe  not my cup of tea.

Nice looking tec27 missing only cf, no resto, Off white pages. Was a great copy.

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Thanks for the offer really wasn't going on a feeling & maybe I am just looking in the wrong places so your help is much appreciated & maybe you could tell me of the most confirmed recent coverless complete sales on this book? I am just not finding it anywhere & again maybe I am way off on this book & the timing had nothing to do with the final hammer. However, having been selling on eBay for 18 yrs and at our 2 retail stores for almost 13 I have found that BIN prices tend to be higher than auction prices, at least in my experiences. And again any info on recent sales would be great :)

Edited by Frank Mozz

7 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

Thanks for the offer really wasn't going on a feeling j& maybe just looking in the wrong places & your help is much appreciated so maybe could tell me of the most confirmed recent coverless complete sales on this book? I am just not finding it anywhere & again maybe I am way off on this book.

As mentioned last 3 are 75,80,82