• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Complete Action 1 on eBay!

120 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

The “seller” (David Arnold ) stated that 105k was turned down  It was brought to the boards for a BIN of $125k (asking price ) and then subsequently moved to the Bay after its counterpart presumably  sold ( Supes 1)  privately with the same ASKING price. Solid  price for that specific  Tec 27    MC or VZ can give you the full scoop off line if you ask. 

Why in the world would anybody turn down 105K private sale with no fees?????? and end up with $82K after fees?

Edited by Mmehdy

9 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Why in the world would anybody turn down 105K private sale with no fees?????? and end up with $82K after fees?

Wellllllllllllllllll…. we only have the sellers word to take for it that there was ever a 105k offer so I'll just leave it at that.

On another note, I haven't spent much time looking at coverless action 1's because they're not actually in my wheelhouse...even remotely.  But was this actually a relatively good looking copy?  It looked like it had a lot of foxing/soiling to me that really detracted.  Don't like knocking the book before the sale is over, but now that its apparently done...curious to know how this copy compared.

9 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Wellllllllllllllllll…. we only have the sellers word to take for it that there was ever a 105k offer so I'll just leave it at that.

On another note, I haven't spent much time looking at coverless action 1's because they're not actually in my wheelhouse...even remotely.  But was this actually a relatively good looking copy?  It looked like it had a lot of foxing/soiling to me that really detracted.  Don't like knocking the book before the sale is over, but now that its apparently done...curious to know how this copy compared.

I thought the copy was OK could have been better or worse, but still its the King of comic books  and the book in my opinion has only one way to go and that is UP...I would not be suprised if a really decent copy hits 100K next year if made available. I wish to Cong the new owner and it will be interesting to see if this copy surfaces again, say in the next couple of months.

On 12/25/2018 at 7:52 AM, G.A.tor said:

I believe it’s an 80kish book and would/will continue to sell in this range for the foreseeable future. 

I completely forgot about this until after it was over, because family holiday.  Christmas Eve is not a day on which I want to neglect my family so I can obsess over "what's this worth?" or "how much would I have to pay later if I miss this one" or "would x be too much?"    And for danm sure it's not a day on which I want to spend doing all that thinking and then bidding, only to realize at the end I neglected my family and accomplished nothing but to drive the price up for someone who was going outbid me anyway.  (and there was considerable talk of refused offers and offers-supposedly-made-to-take-it-down).  

Edited by bluechip

26 minutes ago, bluechip said:

I completely forgot about this until after it was over, because family holiday.  Christmas Eve is not a day on which I want to neglect my family so I can obsess over "what's this worth?" or "how much would I have to pay later if I miss this one" or "would x be too much?"    And for danm sure it's not a day on which I want to spend doing all that thinking and then bidding, only to realize at the end I neglected my family and accomplished nothing but to drive the price up for someone who was going outbid me anyway.  (and there was considerable talk of refused offers and offers-supposedly-made-to-take-it-down).  

I can help you with that going forward. Just make a top bid you’re comfortable with and forget about it until the end. Boom, problem solved 😉.

43 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I can help you with that going forward. Just make a top bid you’re comfortable with and forget about it until the end. Boom, problem solved 😉.

hm                 :roflmao:                 (thumbsu

3 hours ago, bluechip said:

Offers made to take it down ? Juicy. What’s the word on the street ??

On 12/25/2018 at 5:59 AM, Chicago Boy said:

The “seller” (David Arnold ) stated that 105k was turned down  It was brought to the boards for a BIN of $125k (asking price ) and then subsequently moved to the Bay after its counterpart presumably  sold ( Supes 1)  privately with the same ASKING price. Solid  price for that specific  Tec 27    MC or VZ can give you the full scoop off line if you ask. 

With this new bit of info and knowing Arnold's shady reputation in the past, I do not believe that he actually had an offer of $105k.  I think it is all made up to try and "boost" up the final price.

Hello

i had gotten the Ac1, along with the tec27 from one of my private customers as part of a package deal

My customer had told me that he had gotten an offer of $105k for the AC1 that he turned down at the time.    (I wasn’t sure who that person was)

my customer sold me the Ac1 because I purchased other stuff.  (He wouldn’t sell by itself)

hopefully that helps clarify any misunderstandings or misconceptions :)

46 minutes ago, Topcollectibles88 said:

Hello

i had gotten the Ac1, along with the tec27 from one of my private customers as part of a package deal

My customer had told me that he had gotten an offer of $105k for the AC1 that he turned down at the time.    (I wasn’t sure who that person was)

my customer sold me the Ac1 because I purchased other stuff.  (He wouldn’t sell by itself)

As clear as the Mylar on this bag of you holding the Supe 1 not mentioned. 

35248844-CCF1-4940-BC66-7CDEE3004ABF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Topcollectibles88 said:

I beg your pardon, but the Ac1 did not come with the sup1.    Two different buys.    Nice to see that someone is so intrigued about the transactions I do :)

Intrigued = keep abreast of shenanigans. Transactions “you” do.  Classic. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

9 hours ago, Topcollectibles88 said:

Hello

highly possible that a offer was made at that level, however the sale date close might have affected the 82K outcome...hope you can make up the difference if you paid higher. Good luck