• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Thor experts her?

14 posts in this topic

I got a call from my nephew a day or so ago. He said he was talking to his dad about comics a while back (don't ask me why). Apparently, his dad remembers reading a Thor comic from his childhood involving Loki, a leaf, maybe tears ... it rings no bells with me. He said his dad said he thinks it's an old mystery book, I'm sure he's thinking of JIM.

Anyway, my nephew said he'd like to pick this book up for his dad for Xmas. I told him I'd ask around and try to identify it for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Yep. That sounds right. He's going to have to open his wallet to buy that book.

Thanks dude.

Here's an alternative to buying an #85. Same story reprinted here, and a vintage book, not a modern reprint:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JOURNEY-INTO-MYSTERY-KING-SIZE-ANNUAL-1-VG-3-5/382660644820?hash=item59185a0fd4:g:0J8AAOSwp3dcDE-p

JIMAnnual.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

One of the only scenes I remember from the mid 60s animated(?) Thor cartoon was that very scene. Loki is imprisonedd in a tree and can only be released when a warrior weeps over his fate. Over the years, Loki learns to manipulate the tree and causes a leaf to fall I to a guys eye, causing it to tear.

I bet he'd get a kick out of those rarely seen videos, which are pretty cheap.

40 minutes ago, Timely said:

I have the original art of that page.

IMG_7335.JPG

His Father could have read this book as well What If? I think it is very likely this book. How old is the nephews Father approx.?

Cool page!

And..if it is indeed this book ( What If 10 ) then how cool is the threads title? Any Thor experts her?

Her of course referencing that What If 10 is the story of Jane Foster wielding the hammer and becoming Thor.

Did the original poster do it on purpose... was it fate? It truly boggles the mind :ohnoez:

Edited by Artboy99

2 hours ago, Timely said:

I have the original art of that page.

IMG_7335.JPG

the next generation of boardies need to know that people like you are near Timely  :popcorn: (worship)