• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GARDEN STATE COMIC FEST JUNE 29-30TH MENNEN ARENA
1 1

45 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2018 at 12:39 PM, Bird said:

@GS Comic Fest I was going to buy a ticket but so little info is on the home page that I decided to wait it out. We need more guests added!!! :sumo:

This is the only show aside from my own that I set up as a vendor... always cool guests... and a nice selection of comics... if you can still get a discounted ticket, pull the trigger ASAP!

Legendary Animator and Artist Tom Cook is coming to Garden State Comic Fest June 29-30th!
Tom began his career as an animator and director in 1978 at Hanna-Barbera Studios where he worked as an assistant animator on Challenge of the "SuperFriends", "Godzilla", "Scooby Doo", "Smurfs", "Pacman" and the "Flintstones".
A short stop at Ruby-Spears had him working on "Thundarr the Barbarian", "Heathcliff", "Fang Face" and "Plastic Man". Freelancing at Film Roman he worked on the Emmy Award Winning Garfield Special "Babes and Bullets" and for Bill Melendez on the Peanuts Special "This is America Charlie Brown".
Moving to Filmation Studios in 1980, which at this point had become the only animation studio doing animation in the United States, and worked on "Tarzan", "Flash Gordon", "Blackstar", "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids", "The Brown Hornet", "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", "She-Ra Princess of Power", "Ghostbusters", "Lone Ranger", "Zorro", "The Kids Super Power Hour with Shazam" (Captain Marvel), "Hero High" and the futuristic Western "Bravestarr". He was also involved with many TV commercials such as The Jolly Green Giant, Chevrolet, the 7 Up Spot campaign and the Paula Abdul video for "Opposites Attract" featuring MC Skat Kat.
He then directed many episodes of these favorite TV cartoons: "Road Rovers", Disney's "Mighty Ducks", "PB & J Otter", "Duckman", "King of the Hill", "Savage Dragon", HBO's "Happily Ever After Fairy Tales", "Extreme Ghostbusters", "Extreme Dinosaurs", " TheSimpsons" and many more.
He also animated or was the Key Clean-up artist on a number of motion pictures such as Walt Disney's "Prince and the Pauper" starring Mickey Mouse, Roger Rabbit in "Tummy Trouble", "The Jetson's Movie", "Rover Dangerfield", "Stay Tuned", "Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night", Steven Spielberg's "Were Back", and Don Bluth's "Thumbelina".

2019 GSCF MO TOWN T Cook.jpg

Walter Simonson is coming to Garden State Comic Fest June 29-30th in Morristown NJ.
Simonson is most known for his work on Thor, which he wrote and illustrated for nine years, during which he created the character Beta Ray Bill and Malekith the Accursed
Among others.
He has also worked on other Marvel titles such as X-Factor and Fantastic Four, on DC Comics books including DETECTIVE COMICS, Manhunter, Metal Men and Orion, and on licensed properties such as Star Wars, Alien, Battlestar Galactica and Robocop vs. Terminator.
In addition to his work for both Marvel and DC, Simonson has also generated a considerable body of creator-owned work, like Star-Slammers and Ragnarok. Simonson is married to Louise Simonson. The couple made a cameo appearance in the 2011 Thor feature film.
Simonson has won numerous awards for his work and has influenced artists such as Arthur Adams and Todd McFarlane.
At the 2010 Harvey Awards, Simonson received the 2010 Hero Initiative Lifetime Achievement Award. It was presented to him by his wife, Louise Simonson.
Currently Walter has been working on his creator-owned series Ragnarök published by IDW Publishing. It features a version of Thor unrelated to the Marvel character. The first issue was published in July 2014.
You can see more on this at Walter Simonson's Ragnarök and check out The Official Walter Simonson Page
     Get Tickets here:  
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/garden-state-comic-fest-morristown-edition-2019-tickets-52223636302

@GS Comic Fest Website has been updated - check again.

2019 GSCF MOTown Walter Simonson.jpg

For the first time ever!
Howard Mackie is coming to Garden State Comic Fest June 29-30th at the Mennen Arena in Morristown NJ. 
Mackie first gained attention as a writer in 1990, when he and artist Javier Saltares launched a new Ghost Rider series for Marvel, revamping the character and co-creating Danny Ketch, a new persona of the Ghost Rider character.
Mackie wrote Ghost Rider until issue #69 (Jan. 1996). He authored two Ghost Rider/Wolverine/Punisher team-up one-shots, Hearts of Darkness (1991) and its sequel The Dark Design (1994).
In 1992, Mackie became the regular writer of Web of Spider-Man with #85. He would remain on various Spider-Man titles through the Clone Saga. In January 1999, Mackie became the writer of both The Amazing Spider-Man and the Peter Parker: Spider-Man series when those two titles were relaunched with new first issues. Mackie left the Spider-Man franchise with The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 2, #29 (May 2001).
Mackie's work on the X-Men line included writing the spin-off title X-Factor from #115–149 (1995–1998) as well as its successor title Mutant X (1998–2001). He wrote several mini-series featuring Gambit, Wolverine, and Rogue.[12]
In late 2009, Mackie teamed with Tom DeFalco to write the six issue miniseries Spider-Man: Clone Saga, whose story was based on Mackie's original notes for the 1990s crossover. It was later collected in the trade paperback Spider-Man: The Real Clone Saga.
Later working for DC Comics Mackie wrote The Ravagers series in 2012 as part of the "Second Wave" of The New 52. — with Howard Mackie-Writer.

2019 GSCF MOTown Howard Mackey.jpg

Great additions! Will Walt Simonson be there for both Sat & Sun.? I am a Sunday con goer mostly but would want to be sure that I do not miss him as he is one of my all-time favorites!

Joe Jusko is coming to Garden State Comic FestJune 29-30th at the Mennen Arena in Morristown NJ!
Joe is undoubtedly one of the best known Fantasy, Pin-Up and Comic Artists in the world today. His career has spanned over 30 years, starting with the sale of his very first cover for Heavy Metal Magazine in 1977 at the age of 17. Since graduating that year from NYC's High School of Art & Design, Joe has worked for almost every major comic book publisher, producing hundreds of images for both covers and interiors. His work has appeared on paperback book covers, calendars, posters, t-shirts, toy packaging and innumerable trading cards, most memorably the multi award winning 1992 Marvel Masterpieces Trading Cards. The popularity of that set has been credited with initiating the painted trading card boom of the 1990's, and led to his groundbreaking 1995 Art of Edgar Rice Burroughs trading cards. Those 125 paintings have made him the most prolific Burroughs artist ever, producing art based on almost every major book by the famed author. 
In addition to his work at Marvel over the years, Joe has produced art for many other companies and characters, including DC Comics, Crusade Comics, Innovation Comics, Harris Comics, Wildstorm Comics, Top Cow Productions and Byron Preiss Visuals, to name just a few. He has produced storyboards for ad agencies and advertising campaigns for such notable clients as the World Wrestling Federation, where he designed the art for the 1991-1992 Royal Rumbles and Wrestlemania VII.
His work has earned him myriad awards and honors, including two "Favorite Painter" Wizard Fan Awards, multiple trading card awards, a Golden Lion Award from the Burroughs Bibliophiles (previous recipients include Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo) and a Chesley Award nomination for best cover in 2001.
Joe's original paintings are held in collections worldwide, a fact that never ceases to amaze and humble him.

2019 GSCF MOTown Joe Jusko 2.jpg

7 hours ago, Bird said:

Great additions! Will Walt Simonson be there for both Sat & Sun.? I am a Sunday con goer mostly but would want to be sure that I do not miss him as he is one of my all-time favorites!

Yes - all guests will appear both days unless otherwise noted.  

@GS Comic Fest I was going to buy a ticket but so little info is on the home page that I decided to wait it out. We need more guests added!!! :sumo:

The website has been updated weekly with new announcements - don't stop at the home page (we can't fit everything there, click the links to see everything we have to offer. 
https://www.gardenstatecomicfest.com/page

Keith Williams is coming to Garden State Comic Fest June 29-30th!! Keith, a comic book inker, enrolled in the School of Visual Arts in New York City from 1976 to 1980. Majored in Media Arts and studied under Will Eisner, the creator of the Spirit comic strip. He received a Bachelor of Fine Art. With the help of Marvel comic book artist and mentor Don Perlin, Keith started working for Marvel Comics in 1982 as a background inker. He worked for inkers including Joe Sinnott and Mike Esposito. At Marvel, he became the first John Romita Raider, an art correction group. Keith later became an assistant editor under Jim Owlsley (Christopher Priest) on the Spider-Man group of books. The two became the first all black editorial team in Marvel's history. He later became John Byrne's background artist on Alpha Flight, The Hulk, Superman and Action Comics.
Keith began inking regularly with the Web of Spider-Man, which lasted for four years. In between that time and after he worked on many other books at Marvel. Some of which were The Silver Surfer, She-Hulk with John Byrne, Warlock, Quasar with Greg Capullo, Star Trek and the X-men. At Dark Horse Comics, The Mask and Walter with artist Doug Manke and Star Wars Droids. At DC Comics, Superman, and the Lobo/ Mask graphic novel with Doug Manke. For Valiant, he worked on Quantum and Woody and the covers of X-O Man. At Moonstone Comics, The Kolchak Night Stalker Chronicles, Buckaroo Banzai and Domino Lady. For ten years he had worked on The Phantom for King Features Syndicate. And at Avatar Press he inked Lady Death and Crossed covers. A Crossed webisode comic, "Wish You Were Here" and the cover and interiors of the comic book Uber. He has also inked Avatar Press' recently published graphic novel Max Brook's Harlem Hellfighters.

2019 GSCF MOTown Keith Williams.jpg

The website has been updated weekly with new announcements - don't stop at the home page (we can't fit everything there, click the links to see everything we have to offer. 

8 hours ago, Bird said:

21 hours ago, Bird said: