• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GARDEN STATE COMIC FEST JUNE 29-30TH MENNEN ARENA
1 1

45 posts in this topic

yeah, I bought a Planet Comics and a Master Comics. I got tired of waiting for Simonson to show and left around noon. Jan Duursema called him on her phone and we all yelled "where are you!"; we heard him laughing at us in return! He is a great guy and never comes at opening first day but I got bored.

The show was fine, asking prices seemed mostly optimistic. I tried to haggle a bit with Zapp Comics but the books I wanted were on consignment so that went nowhere.

@Golden Memories sold me those two books above and we had a nice chat. I thought that he had some of the better GA books at the show, a few LB Coles and some Startling (no not 49). I saw quite a few tire kickers while we were talking but he was straight forward with them. I imagine I will buy from him again in the future.

15 minutes ago, Bird said:

yeah, I bought a Planet Comics and a Master Comics. I got tired of waiting for Simonson to show and left around noon. Jan Duursema called him on her phone and we all yelled "where are you!"; we heard him laughing at us in return! He is a great guy and never comes at opening first day but I got bored.

The show was fine, asking prices seemed mostly optimistic. I tried to haggle a bit with Zapp Comics but the books I wanted were on consignment so that went nowhere.

@Golden Memories sold me those two books above and we had a nice chat. I thought that he had some of the better GA books at the show, a few LB Coles and some Startling (no not 49). I saw quite a few tire kickers while we were talking but he was straight forward with them. I imagine I will buy from him again in the future.

Bird what was the deal with getting anything witnessed for CGC?

2 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Bird what was the deal with getting anything witnessed for CGC?

Honestly I don’t know there I think that they had someone you could submit through but I’m not sure the details 

Just to clarify my earlier comment about the prices being optimistic someone I met at the show came up to me and said that the prices were effing insane but I did find some things I wanted that Were priced fine 

everyone views prices differently