• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought my first collection: merry Christmas to me!
2 2

83 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Comicdey said:

Congratulations.  I do recommend saving some of them and noting which collection they came from for your personal collection.  It’s easy to sell them all and poof gone 

I’m definitely keeping a decent chunk of this: good idea about notating what I keep . Thanks!

Guess I’ll wrap it Up with all the Ms Marvel books. It’s funny that when the collection was originally picked, only the 16, 17, 18 Mystique issues were taken. Movie madness is mad, ha 

gonna be selling all of these, I reckon. They are mostly very nice copies.

Stuff i didn’t show was a nice stack of Conan, Daredevil, pretty big pile of Captain America, some Namor, a handful of Fantastic Four, Iron Man, and other various super hero stuff like Fantasy Masterpieces #1, 2, 3 the silver surfer reprints, the human fly, Marvel Feature with Ant Man, etc.

there was quite a lot of sci-fi, fantasy and horror, which is very cool. Nearly complete Ka-Zar through #19, marvel chillers, man-thing, a complete Planet of the Apes set, Omega the Unknown #1 through 9, Tarzan #1 through 12, adventure into fear, creatures on the loose, supernatural thrillers, Skull the Slayer 1 through 8, Son of Satan 1 through 7. 

Are you STILL reading?

some early but low grade Ghost Rider including #2 and 4, Logan’s run #1-7, 2001 a space odyssey 1- 10, John Carter Warlord of Mars #1 - 11 and a couple annuals, a handful of tomb of Dracula. 

It’s a fun bunch of books. A lot it is mid grade but there are many gems and high grade books as well. The hardest part is deciding what to keep and what to sell, and for how much as this is my first Bronze Age collection. My main goal is put aside what I’m definitely keeping, a second “maybe” pile, then sell the rest  until I’ve made back what I paid for it.

thanks everyone for the kind words and the grats! It’s a lot of fun and it was a good size collection to not overwhelm me but to also give me an idea of what it’ll be like to buy a big collection as far As work and storage. 

Hope you all enjoyed the pics!

Here’s the ms marvel books since that last post got away from me a bit. Ooh la la!

Everything except the #1s needs to be rebagged, so again sorry about the glare. This is mostly a really nice set of books  with loads is vf+ through nm copies 

ADCC2410-82F9-4565-AE6B-6FCA0161A8C2.jpeg

0857A1F7-548C-43FA-963F-0496191BE4A3.jpeg

CF26CA6E-5D89-451A-AC6B-DFB1D71DB965.jpeg

Edited by speedcake

On 12/30/2018 at 9:52 PM, speedcake said:

I’m definitely keeping a decent chunk of this: good idea about notating what I keep . Thanks!

In the past 40 years of heavily collecting, I've found my fair share of cool collections. I gave them each their own "title" and noted them on the backing boards. Means nothing to anyone else but always fun when I pull books out to look at brings back that great feeling all over again.