• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inside pages of book seems loose from cover

15 posts in this topic

Hi everybody 

I just bought a book and the inside pages wasn’t aligned with the cover when delivered.

in the ad it didn’t show this but when arrived I got the book like this.

When I tap the case lightly the inside pages  of the book will move all the way to the top & bottom of Cgc well

has anyone experienced this before?

thank you!

CFC60278-1B3A-401F-9F8B-F8FA02115F3D.jpeg

98EF7CEE-6936-488B-8A73-682AD7DB7D4B.jpeg

How do the staples / staple holes look?  Are the holes enlarged or otherwise torn?  The pages will shift like this when there is some slack there.  This can be caused by scs (shaken comic syndrome) if the book is forcibly jostled in the slab during shipping or a fall,  etc.  This can put a great amount of stress at the  juncture of the staple  / cover / interior pages.

Lol,  just read Bob's thorough reply in the other thread....pretty much said the same.  I didn't copy,  Bob  promise! :angel:

Edited by Mystafo

17 hours ago, DingoDog said:

When I tap the case lightly the inside pages  of the book will move all the way to the top & bottom of Cgc well

has anyone experienced this before?

Are you certain it's the interior pages of the book shifting up and down and not just the micro-chamber paper that CGC puts inside the front and back covers?

3 minutes ago, DingoDog said:

Thanks! You think so? Here's more photos. Please lmk what you think

LINE_1545074705849.jpg

LINE_1545074974701.jpg

ok that one pic looks like its not just one sheet but all the pages-if so that is spine cover separation from shipping impact.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

ok that one pic looks like its not just one sheet but all the pages-if so that is spine cover separation from shipping impact.

8 minutes ago, DingoDog said:

Thanks! You think so? Here's more photos. Please lmk what you think

LINE_1545074705849.jpg

LINE_1545074974701.jpg

Unfortunately, as others have noted, based on the center photograph it appears that at least two pages have become loose from the staples.

Thanks a lot every single one of you! I appreciate the help.

Unfortunately while the seller assured me the book is perfect (could be a 9.8) he is denying me a refund atm- he's saying he shipped and I got the book he was selling and accusing me of buyers remorse. He also states no returns on his ad

I filed a case on ebay and sent some pictures for the case.

Any advice?  

Thanks for your time everyone!

50 minutes ago, kav said:

Can you see any dimpling around staples?

I had about 10 minutes with the book and I didn't see anything too unusual near the staple area like tears but I'm outta town for about a week.

My old lady is sending me pictures per request :fear: yikes. 

Thanks again all of you!