• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Leader's Report on his visit to the Virginia Comic Con 8 December 2018

14 posts in this topic

interesting info on the early Spider-Man issue  #18 that i was unaware of...

tommy_small.jpg
Tommy Donovan
Tommy Donovan of Richmond Comix always sets up at this show. Here’s Tommy brandishing a #6,000 copy of The Amazing Spider-Man #1, 1963 and #s 17, 18, 19. I’ve always had a sentimental attachment to the #19 since it’s the first Spider-Man comic book I remember having, and still have to this day. The #18 has some historical interest since it is the only Spider-Man comic in the early Silver Age where Spidey didn’t fight the villain or anybody else. That’s highly unusual for a Silver Age Marvel comic.

I don't remember how I got it but Amazing Spider-Man #19 was definitely the first Spidey comic I had. There is a fair chance it came from my local 7-11 store where I bought most of my 1960s and 1970s Marvels as chronicled here:

http://pristine.webspaceforme.net/edgewater.html

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, the_Leader_knows said:

I don't remember how I got it but Amazing Spider-Man #19 was definitely the first Spidey comic I had. There is a fair chance it came from my local 7-11 store where I bought most of my 1960s and 1970s Marvels as chronicled here:

http://pristine.webspaceforme.net/edgewater.html

I still remember when you first walked up to the table at a Pembroke Mall show..... I wonder if they still have Mall shows anywhere ? That was almost 30 years ago … man, how time flies. You asked if we had any "cherry" Marvels ….. they sure were a lot cheaper back then. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

….. you should tell them about the ASM 29 you got directly from Marvel... back when they still sold back issues....

9 hours ago, the_Leader_knows said:

The letter and story are as collectible as the comics. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy the Leaders Con reports. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen Gene at a show and I’ve yet to meet Jimbo in person. 

13 hours ago, the_Leader_knows said:

I read this nice article and it’s neat you kept everything an it looks like the jspidy an daredevils are still in nice very fine shape👍‼️👍🆒 not bad for a young boy to keep them in good shape‼️‼️👍🆒