• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Romantic Valentine's Day War Thread - Treat Your Sweetie!!! New books page 16 - Recap Page 1!!
2 2

308 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2018 at 8:10 PM, lizards2 said:

I was trying my best to do a little channeling of those old cd4ever threads, which were my favorite.  He would get all liquored up and post odd assortments of books from the basement.  I would follow his lead, and get really liquored up, and buy all kinds of his chit I didn't need.  I guess we live in carefuller times...., :p

Yeah, we need some @porcupine48 antics - pickle stuffed wieners and wiener stuffed pickles and such. :banana: 

@4.png.9f7656260cb627a24f08f2d857efe20a.png

I updated the PM sales in this thread, so it is all ready for your Christmas Valentine's Day money!  :banana: 

Edited by lizards2
changing seasons...,

In honor of Valentine’s Day, I decided to bump this thread, and add a few books.  BECAUSE…., what better gift to give your sweetie than some classic WAR BOOKS!?!?!  I know, I know, you’d rather she read hot, Pro-Code Whoor books, but sometimes you have to quit thinking about yourself, and think about her for a change! 

Six new books to follow, starting with this classic lover's story:

Brave and the Bold 84 8.5 slightly ow pages $40.  Spinner rack bends @ upper staple area, oxidation to lower staple, dints @ URFC.  Very nice, white and clean copy!  Sgt. Rock appears, and a Neal Adams cover!!!  Bane Karmic foreshadowing, as Batman breaks the Rock’s back????
bab84.jpg
bab84bc.jpg

Edited by lizards2
greggy

Star Spangled War Stories 149 8.5 ow/w $30.  Presents better from front, small pull BC on “n” in “racing.”  Other company’s grade, label included, but no shell.  Very nice, white and clean!  Joe Kubert bi-plane cover!!!
ssws149pgx.jpg
ssws149pgxbc.jpg

Weird War 54 8.0 white pages $5.  Nice copy with dent at ULFC/URBC, and some rubbing wear along top edge FC.
ww54.jpg
ww54bc.jpg

How did I ever end up with three copies of this book?!? :facepalm:

Sgt. Fury 3 copy b 5.0 ow/w pages $40.  Chipping @ edges, sunshadow bottom edge.
SgtF3b.jpg
SgtF3bbc.jpg

Sgt. Fury 71 8.5 slightly ow pages $9.  Spine tic @ midspine, small blem and ncb @ “Burn Bridge Burn!” box. Very nice, white and clean!  Severin cover with Stuka!
SgtF71.jpg
SgtF71bc.jpg