• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small Question About a Slab

3 posts in this topic

Was looking at a particular slab (it'll probably be over by the time anyone looks at it, but that's fine. Was wondering if anyone had ever come across that sort of 'gooey' look (say the top left front corner edge of slab). Not a valuable book and it's a solid seller, so I'm sure it's fine, just wondering if it's normal or if anyone had run into that before. Thanks as always for your patience CGCers. Link

Edited by Silver Ager

58 minutes ago, Silver Ager said:

Was looking at a particular slab (it'll probably be over by the time anyone looks at it, but that's fine. Was wondering if anyone had ever come across that sort of 'gooey' look (say the top left front corner edge of slab). Not a valuable book and it's a solid seller, so I'm sure it's fine, just wondering if it's normal or if anyone had run into that before. Thanks as always for your patience CGCers. Link

I have no idea what you are refering to, but if it's the newer generation slab, you may be refering to something called Newton Rings. Though there is no harm to the book, it is annoying as heck to look at. DO a search on this site and you can read more about it.

Edit: I just noticed you left a Link. I looked but honestly did not see anything abnormal. (shrug)

Edited by Bomber-Bob