• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout #4: Where Are The Newsstands?
3 3

90 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2021 at 8:00 PM, Beige said:

At current prices, you can buy a new house in a nice, safe suburb of Perth, Adelaide, Hobart or every major country town in Australia.

Life changing for some people.

$400,000 USD worth?

9.8 now selling for $3000+

9.6 for $1000+

Plus variants

Congrats, and well played.

Very,very well played.

The post was from 2019 and he was selling little by little.

Needless to say, he didn't sell all 200 at today's price.

Even if he sold last week, he wouldn't have gotten top dollar!  This book is just crazy!

On 11/16/2020 at 12:38 PM, Colin Nash said:

Please flood the market with them so the graded issue price comes down and I can finally afford to buy one ??

I am not sure how far down the prices will fall and if it does it will not be by much.  I was looking at some census data and I was shocked to see the grading count so far on this book considering the popularity.

So here is the current count

image.thumb.png.6c7c1235b9797799d618c3727e5a13fc.png

Edited by carter3175

3 hours ago, carter3175 said:

I am not sure how far down the prices will fall and if it does it will not be by much.  I was looking at some census data and I was shocked to see the grading count so far on this book considering the popularity.

So here is the current count

image.thumb.png.6c7c1235b9797799d618c3727e5a13fc.png

What, do you think the graded population is low?

Here's some context:

By the time Ultimate Fallout 4 was published, there were over 2k copies of NM98 and over 5k copies of ASM300 on the census.

By the time Ultimate Fallout 4 had 100 regular copies on the census, NM98 had over 6k copies and ASM300 had over 8k copies.

ASM 300 has been worth submitting since CGC opened and New Mutants 98 not quite as long. Ultimate Fallout 4 didn't become really popular until a few years ago.

Edited by Lazyboy

13 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

What, do you think the graded population is low?

Here's some context:

By the time Ultimate Fallout 4 was published, there were over 2k copies of NM98 and over 5k copies of ASM300 on the census.

By the time Ultimate Fallout 4 had 100 regular copies on the census, NM98 had over 6k copies and ASM300 had over 8k copies.

ASM 300 has been worth submitting since CGC opened and New Mutants 98 not quite as long. Ultimate Fallout 4 didn't become really popular until a few years ago.

I think given more time we will start to see the same amount of submissions as the other 2 books.  I just listed those 2 books because of their popularity.  I mean ASM 300 is almost 33 years old and NM 98 is 30 years old, heck CGC started grading in the year 2000! 

On 3/15/2021 at 8:41 PM, carter3175 said:

I think given more time we will start to see the same amount of submissions as the other 2 books.  I just listed those 2 books because of their popularity.  I mean ASM 300 is almost 33 years old and NM 98 is 30 years old, heck CGC started grading in the year 2000! 

What would you guys recommend doing im so close to pulling the trigger on a normal uf4 9.8 on ebay and don't want to miss out on them at this price what shouldnt I pay over, better to hold off? (love the character want to keep don't want the prices to get so high i cant buy)

I just got a 9.6 nm 98 for $500

On 3/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, Jord90 said:

What would you guys recommend doing im so close to pulling the trigger on a normal uf4 9.8 on ebay and don't want to miss out on them at this price what shouldnt I pay over, better to hold off? (love the character want to keep don't want the prices to get so high i cant buy)

I'd say go for it.  The regular cover is defiantly more affordable than the variant.  That has taken off to another level.  Gratz to you on your NM 98 purchase! :golfclap:

On 3/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, Jord90 said:

Or try buying 4 or 5 raws and go for a press and grade, you only need 1 to hit and even 9.4/9.6s will let you break even if not better. 

On 6/26/2020 at 1:36 PM, valiantman said:

Imagine if CGC 9.8 Star Wars #1 (1977) were going for $1,200.  How much would the 35-cent variant cost? lol

Reflagging this gem now that last GPA on a normal ($.30) CGC 9.8 Star Wars # 1 is $6,200, and a copy on Comiclink  has surpassed $6,200 with 48 hours still to go.

On 1/10/2023 at 9:33 AM, valiantman said:

CGC 9.0 auction starting at $1.99

Could be a fair test of the current market (for a somewhat low grade modern)...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144894056295

The seller must have gotten an offer they couldn't refuse, since they didn't let the auction end.  Cancelled bids show two bids at $3,000 or higher on the 9.0

(Edit: The seller said the item was a consignment and the consignor decided to hold onto the book when the price started rising quickly. No sale.)

Another seller has posted a CGC 9.2 auction, so maybe we can get some idea of current market from this one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255908647358

Edited by valiantman

On 1/22/2023 at 10:50 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Hmm yeah no. I think the seller just saw the writing on the wall.  D'oh!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255908647358?redirect=mobile

-J.

CGC 9.2 Ultimate Fallout #4 Newsstand sold for $3,651.  Not much to D'oh! about, since the book was $3.99 when it came out and required no retailer ratio incentive returns/orders/premiums to be purchased, and it's just a CGC 9.2.

Artificial scarcity is the "QVC" of the industry... anyone can make something scarce on purpose, and they'll never stop doing it. Publishers can even make books that are limited to 25, 10, 5, or unique, causing the earlier "big money" variants with a few dozen graded to look almost common... so it's only a matter of time before the comics with a lack of meaningful content are forgotten. First appearance of Miles Morales isn't a lack of content, and this book wasn't printed just to be a ratio incentive. It's an important book during the remnant of the end of an era, not a big name artist wrapping pretty colors around pages no one wants.

Most Valuable Modern Variants is a list of several books where "the pages inside don't matter" and there are dozens already in CGC slabs. That's a dangerous combo. Be sure to keep that topic going so we'll know who else to laugh at.  The NFTs of the comic industry (where the pages don't matter) aren't as safe as you think they are. lol

Edited by valiantman