• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Resurrection no more
2 2

94 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

My mom recently went on a low-carb diet. I always wanna get pizza whenever I visit her lol.

Broccoli is a strange one to like (outside of chicken alfredo and cheesy dishes). Good on you for that.

Melted butter helps. Butter is ok on keto/atkins/paleo, etc. But I actually don't mind it steamed with some salt. Being at war with my local pizza place really helps the pizza avoidance. Them being douches coincided perfectly with me going on this diet. And I kind of don't mind staying away from my local pizza place near my office too as they raise prices every other week and are always ranting and raving about how great that guy in Washington D.C. is.

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

I apologize if I came off as anything other than playing. I seriously hope you can reach your goal weight, if there is anything I can help with, message me! Even if it's just support, health is important and I would certainly be willing to help you in any way I can. 30 lbs in 2.5 months is awesome! I struggle to keep dropping 1.5 a week!

I have been way overweight since being on these boards and am not afraid to poke fun of myself. Last time I was in shape was 2000/2001. If I posted a pic of myself here it was from then.  Had some ups and downs since...got half way to where I hoped for my 20th high school reunion back in 2000 (and a few other events that year) and then packed pounds on after that. Having had some angina last year and that apparently not being enough to get me to change my ways, it took my wife deciding she wanted to get in better shape to keep me on this. She went from carbs galore (yelling at me if I did not make a side of rice or pasta with dinner) to pretty disciplined keto and going to the gym 5-6 times a week and has lost 25 pounds, and she was "average" weight for a woman to start with, so she is actually pretty thin right now, but right for her frame. Us both eating the same meals, rather than me making carbs for her and me trying to make low/no carb for me, has made all the difference this time. Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with comics, but a lot of us here are in the mid-40s range and dealing with weight issues due to sedentary desk-bound lifestyles and right now is that point where we can possibly avoid an early grave if we fix things. John Candy dropped dead at 43 (although he may have had a congenital heart condition). By some miracle I have pretty normal blood pressure, but have been high a few times when sick with bronchitis or under a lot of stress.

23 minutes ago, the blob said:

I have been way overweight since being on these boards and am not afraid to poke fun of myself. Last time I was in shape was 2000/2001. If I posted a pic of myself here it was from then.  Had some ups and downs since...got half way to where I hoped for my 20th high school reunion back in 2000 (and a few other events that year) and then packed pounds on after that. Having had some angina last year and that apparently not being enough to get me to change my ways, it took my wife deciding she wanted to get in better shape to keep me on this. She went from carbs galore (yelling at me if I did not make a side of rice or pasta with dinner) to pretty disciplined keto and going to the gym 5-6 times a week and has lost 25 pounds, and she was "average" weight for a woman to start with, so she is actually pretty thin right now, but right for her frame. Us both eating the same meals, rather than me making carbs for her and me trying to make low/no carb for me, has made all the difference this time. Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with comics, but a lot of us here are in the mid-40s range and dealing with weight issues due to sedentary desk-bound lifestyles and right now is that point where we can possibly avoid an early grave if we fix things. John Candy dropped dead at 43 (although he may have had a congenital heart condition). By some miracle I have pretty normal blood pressure, but have been high a few times when sick with bronchitis or under a lot of stress.

Hey, I have no issue with going off topic for something important! It sounds like you are both on the right track, and hopefully you can keep it up. It's a lifestyle change for sure, but stay committed!

4 hours ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

Hey, I have no issue with going off topic for something important! It sounds like you are both on the right track, and hopefully you can keep it up. It's a lifestyle change for sure, but stay committed!

Anyway, I need to get in shape so I can lug boxes of comics up and down my stairs. Right now I have my 13 year old do it.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Anyway, I need to get in shape so I can lug boxes of comics up and down my stairs. Right now I have my 13 year old do it.

In shape or not, keep letting the 13 year old do it. lol