2019 Virtual Comic Convention (VCC) Discussion Thread
3 3

200 posts in this topic

10,631 posts

Thanks to everyone for a great 2018.

Let's begin the discussion thread for the 2019 season of the Virtual Comic Convention.
An entire years worth of fun and friendly banter all rolled into one big, beautiful, possibly lonely but never alone, overlooked but never overbooked thread.

Post your thoughts, your ideas, your highs and lows regarding the VCCs of yore and/or those in the offing here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,460 posts
22 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Thanks to everyone for a great 2018.

Let's begin the discussion thread for the 2019 season of the Virtual Comic Convention.
An entire years worth of fun and friendly banter all rolled into one big, beautiful, possibly lonely but never alone, overlooked but never overbooked thread.

Post your thoughts, your ideas, your highs and lows regarding the VCCs of yore and/or those in the offing here.

trade trade trade! I am still reaping the benefits of asking about trades at the last VCC. I am digging the VCC more and more although it can be a ton of work. But you reap the benefits for a little while after it ends, what with the ease of listing elsewhere from having organized and priced things to getting your stuff out there for boardies to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288 posts

I wasn't able to participate in the last VCC, but I did post stuff the one before. I really enjoyed participating and will make it a point to participate in 2019!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,631 posts

A big thank you to @Scott =) for updating the titles for the VCC.

The Virtual Comic Con (VCC) Convention Hall will now be known as the Virtual Comic Convention (VCC) Expo Center with the 4 areas for dealers to setup simplified to North, South, East, and West Halls.

:whee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,460 posts
31 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

A big thank you to @Scott =) for updating the titles for the VCC.

The Virtual Comic Con (VCC) Convention Hall will now be known as the Virtual Comic Convention (VCC) Expo Center with the 4 areas for dealers to setup simplified to North, South, East, and West Halls.

:whee:

(shrug) I liked the comic related titles myself!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,631 posts
5 hours ago, Bird said:

(shrug) I liked the comic related titles myself!!!

They were a cool novelty, definitely something that will be revisited as time goes on. For now though, I was looking for something simple, that still made sense to what the VCC is, and was easily transferable from show to show.

A lot of changes have happened to the VCC since the board change over 2-years ago. Some out of necessity, some, like the comic-themed aisles, just for fun. Hopefully some form of positive can be taken from each of these changes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,460 posts

I have been putting aside comics for a big $1 each batch at the coming VCC, it cannot get here quick enough!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,631 posts

I've created a topic with a poll relating to the VCC and the possibility of suspending the "exclusive board-only offer" rule exclusively for those choosing to sell during (and at) the VCC . Please check it out and cast your vote when you get the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,158 posts

I've been searching this forum but can't find the answers i'm looking for. Can someone provide a link on how the whole VCC thing works? I North Hall, South Hall ect…  posted up but not opening till a certain date. Please help a noob out. Danke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,460 posts
6 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I've been searching this forum but can't find the answers i'm looking for. Can someone provide a link on how the whole VCC thing works? I North Hall, South Hall ect…  posted up but not opening till a certain date. Please help a noob out. Danke.

The Halls are due to the fact that a thread only supports so many images, this way they are like the aisles in a show with a limited number of booths. The old way was one thread and those at the bottom got little action due to scrolling fatigue. You set up the booth the night before but no sales until it opens officially. No pre-selling so if someone PMs you early you are not supposed to let them have it until 15 minutes have passed with no one else taking it as a penalty.

Here is the link you requested

 

Many people use the templates you will find in there but they are not required. You can get as fancy or saty as basic as you please. Look in the VCC archives if you want to see how most booths are set up. The biggest change from the regular sales threads is you have to limit the number and size of your images. If you have more than allowed you can set up an overflow booth by starting a thread in the main area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,460 posts

@DeadOne Last VCC I started setting up my overflow booth before Friday. Is it okay if I do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,631 posts
16 hours ago, Bird said:

@DeadOne Last VCC I started setting up my overflow booth before Friday. Is it okay if I do that?

I guess I never noticed you did that last time. It's okay by me as long as the pre-sale rules for the VCC are followed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,631 posts

Also, I'm seeing a lot of interest (through shares and likes) on Facebook from females this time around. Very cool. 

Thought I'd pass that along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,460 posts

My VCC booth will have Wolverine Limited 1, Batman 635, maybe NYX 3, Web of Spider-Man 1, FF 51, FF 63 (maybe some other FF), V for Vendetta set, Secret Wars 8 (two copies perhaps), some groovy Treasury Editions, Night Nurse 1 and more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,158 posts

Ok I think I got this. Have Friday night to figure it out so bring it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,653 posts

I'm thinking about putting together a bulk $2 booth with nice Bronze Age off brand books like Kull or Tarzan.  Any interest at that price point for 9.0ish copies of Bronze Age books?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,460 posts

I am struggling on pricing these so they may not all make it to the booth but am looking at these 4 beauties as a first time offering

D3WR-4EW0AAgg5e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,460 posts
6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I'm thinking about putting together a bulk $2 booth with nice Bronze Age off brand books like Kull or Tarzan.  Any interest at that price point for 9.0ish copies of Bronze Age books?

Go for it! I was hoping to do a bunch of dollar books myself but they just don't seem to be finding their way to the table for pictures. I have had some luck in the past with cheaper books, and even sold my whole table of books like the ones you are talking about at the end of show once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3