2019 Virtual Comic Convention (VCC) Discussion Thread
3 3

94 posts in this topic

2,173 posts

It has been a while since I have participated in a VCC, but I would like to set up a booth this weekend. Is there any significance to the North, South, East, West halls? Are they organized by what sellers are selling? Or, do I just randomly choose a hall?

11,749 posts
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

It has been a while since I have participated in a VCC, but I would like to set up a booth this weekend. Is there any significance to the North, South, East, West halls? Are they organized by what sellers are selling? Or, do I just randomly choose a hall?

It is random, just a way to make sure no one is buried at the bottom. Some durn fool suggested it and they ran with it, although it was better with cool comic names like Steranko St. and Wood Way!

:whistle:

Edited by Bird
HOW DID I NEGLECT ...BAKER STREET!

5,482 posts

Hey all - sorry but this looks like it'll be the first VCC I'll have to sit out after more than a dozen or so in a row!  Our son has a track meet a few hours away tomorrow, and that'll pretty much take up my whole day with travel.  If I get inspired I might try to pull together something really limited tonight that I could touch up on Sunday, but that's best case.  Either way, good luck to those who are really putting the time in this weekend.. I think it's a great event for the board and I'm sorry I can't be doing my part.

1,858 posts

The stars have never aligned for me in the past. But if I can get my s**t together tonight, I'd love to participate in the VCC this weekend!

11,749 posts
5 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

All Halls are open for set-up. Have a great show everyone. 

Thank you DeadOne.

I am in, and a few things posted but not nearly all of what is to come!

1,930 posts

I grabbed a spot. Unfortunately I need to focus on taxes this weekend, but I'll try to get some stuff up there. 

26,206 posts
12 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Start listing!

I’ve got to be honest I may just throw something together tomorrow morning and add books they put the weekend based on how things go.  The lack of sellers is not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

9,089 posts
2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I’ve got to be honest I may just throw something together tomorrow morning and add books they put the weekend based on how things go.  The lack of sellers is not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Entertain me! :flamed:

Yes, a bit sparse so far. 

20,973 posts

In! My hair-brained scheme worked, sort of...covering up the tables with sheets 'til the morning. :foryou:

10,457 posts
Posted (edited)

I generally look through the booths before I create the "Index Of Sellers" and do my best to throw together a small description of what the sellers have to offer.

If anyone wants to create a small description of their booth for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I've had some vision problems these last couple of weeks and anything that helps ease the strain is a real plus.
Just tag me here with your description or PM me and I'll add it to the index asap. This includes overflow booths as well.

This Index Of Sellers will go out over the weekend with all emails, Facebook and twitter posts, and any threads that I may bump here on the boards and elsewhere, so it's good to have a brief description added to help those who are more focused with their buying find your stuff.

Thanks.

Edited by DeadOne

11,749 posts

@DeadOne A smattering of keys, minor keys, other highly desired and sought after rarities and last issues.  Overflow booth contains $1 comics and more.

Not too much hyperbole!

24,138 posts

Almost done with my booth. OK, I'm making a run to Paris Baguette for everyone in my aisle. You can PM me your coffee orders.:whee:

9,581 posts

Participation seems a little muted this time, and there's still a lot of empty booths, but I see plenty of nice stuff posted. Looking forward to the doors opening. 

3,661 posts
10 hours ago, Bird said:

@DeadOne A smattering of keys, minor keys, other highly desired and sought after rarities and last issues.  Overflow booth contains $1 comics and more.

Not too much hyperbole!

VCC did its job... pointed me in the direction of your sales thread where I bought two treasuries

16,166 posts

I may try to throw up a booth later, am going to be out for a while.

26,206 posts

Sorry to be that guy who gets a 1st place booth and falls flat on getting up a booth.  I'll try to offer up some killer deals in my next sales thread to make up for it.  Sorry guys

10,457 posts

Make certain that all booths (main and overflow) have the following:

• Payment form(s) accepted
  • Shipping costs
  • Return Policy

1,858 posts

Still setting up my booth. Yes, I am THAT guy. There was a log jam at the convention centre loading dock.