2019 Virtual Comic Convention (VCC) Discussion Thread
3 3

199 posts in this topic

12,428 posts

okay, doors are open...anyone get a quick PM? I am always disappointed when I don't get a quick one.

10,620 posts

Doors are open everyone. 

Check out the Index of Sellers (linked below) and check back frequently throughout the weekend as sales and sellers are always popping up.

Have a great show everyone.

1,133 posts
43 minutes ago, Bird said:

okay, doors are open...anyone get a quick PM? I am always disappointed when I don't get a quick one.

No PM here. Still kinda struggling to make sure I have everything done correctly. Hard to do cuz I'm out right now trying to make additions with my cell phone. 

10,620 posts
1 minute ago, Ride the Tiger said:

No PM here. Still kinda struggling to make sure I have everything done correctly. Hard to do cuz I'm out right now trying to make additions with my cell phone. 

Everything looks good to me. :foryou: Thanks for setting up and don't worry, it has only just begun. 

12,428 posts
2 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

The VCC and phone management do not go together too well in my experience.

I made two sales in the main booth and sold 2 $1 comics from my overflow booth! w00t w00t

I'll be adding more throughout the weekend but am off to a flea market, an estate sale and then NYC! 

@DeadOne is right, it is early. People on the West Coast are still in bed.

2,184 posts

I made a couple sales. I just added more to my booth. I'll add more later as well.

3,700 posts

I was surprised the booths were open at 10 today.  I can't read, that's why I buy books with pictures in them!

24,765 posts
5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

In honor of the new Shazam Movie, I'll be listing 3 Captain Marvel books.

Taking my son to see it in an hour.  (thumbsu

27,666 posts
6 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Enjoy! We are going Thursday:)

1,356 posts
25 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Taking the family to see it tonight! 

24,765 posts
10 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Taking the family to see it tonight! 

I've been crunching the numbers in this thread, and this movie has captured 110% of the elusive Comic Geek Market.  :headbang:

1,356 posts
7 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I've been crunching the numbers in this thread, and this movie has captured 110% of the elusive Comic Geek Market.  :headbang:

I hope it's good! The trailers looked pretty good so :wishluck:

2,966 posts

My booth is finally updated.

- slabs

- Canadian price variants

- lots

12,428 posts

Hows everyone doing? having fun? I sold a few books and am glad I participated. That said, I think each time I have a better selection of books than the time before!

I will put a few more up still. I do not anticipate any discounts or Sunday Specials though, what you see price-wise is what you get! :sumo:

16,356 posts

I just put up a few books in the East Hall. I have a small stack to scan and post, just have to squeeze it in between helping P. the younger practice lacrosse, going to the store, making dinner and watching Svengoolie.

1,133 posts

I really should have started putting this all together a week ago instead on late last night. Well you know what they say about hindsight. I'll be ready for the next one and will probably doing some price adjusting before its over.

12,428 posts

added Sandman 8, batman 423, Supernatural Thrillers 11

south hall. come'on and do it to it!

12,428 posts

I also moved an Airboy and a bunch of Avengers lots from my G/S/B thread to my VCC booth and lowered prices on all of them.

24,765 posts
4 hours ago, comics4all said:

I hope it's good! The trailers looked pretty good so :wishluck:

The film is terrific. DC really hit this one out of the park. A few parts are kind of uncomfortably dark for the kiddie audience, and longtime comic fans might bristle at how they've jettisoned or reworked much of the original story... but overall it's lots of fun, and hysterically funny. My 8-year-old is still buzzing about it an hour later.

27,666 posts
6 minutes ago, Point Five said:

The film is terrific. DC really hit this one out of the park. A few parts are kind of uncomfortably dark for the kiddie audience, and longtime comic fans might bristle at how they've jettisoned or reworked much of the original story... but overall it's lots of fun, and hysterically funny. My 8-year-old is still buzzing about it an hour later.

I just can't BELIEVE that  your son is 8 already :fear: