2019 Virtual Comic Convention (VCC) Discussion Thread
3 3

199 posts in this topic

5,528 posts
1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Hope you had fun at the game!

Thanks Sha!  It was a track meet... so no one actually has fun at those. ;)  Trust me, this is coming from 20+ years of collegiate athletic experience!  But our son is enjoying himself, improving, and he's an ACTUAL Division I athlete... not one of those fake ones you read about in the news these days. :D

24,765 posts
1 hour ago, DeadOne said:

I want to thank everyone for participating in the VCC. I don't lie when I say I love this place and you all are the best of the best. :foryou:

Hopefully I'll see everyone back for VCC XLIII in August.

This was great. Thanks as ever for all your hard work.  :applause:

27,594 posts
2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

OK, sold 2 of the 3 books I listed to a very nice collector, so now take 15% off  the remaining comic or if you would like the comic and the Spirit books, take 20% off.

The Spirit books can be shipped Media mail in the U.S,  (U.S. only for media, sorry) the Whiz can go anywhere.

Oh, except for thehumantorch, his price is 10% off;) 

10%?  That makes me wanna Whiz

27,594 posts
2 hours ago, DeadOne said:

I want to thank everyone for participating in the VCC. I don't lie when I say I love this place and you all are the best of the best. :foryou:

Hopefully I'll see everyone back for VCC XLIII in August.

Thanks for your hard work DeadOne.  :foryou:

15,938 posts

Thanks for running the VCC! :applause:

It’s been a while since I’ve done one and I was kind of away today but maybe next time, I’ll actually get it together enough to scan new stuff.  

1,888 posts

Thank you for all your work @DeadOne!

The instructions were very helpful as a first-time participant (as a seller).

9,411 posts
19 hours ago, sckao said:

Thanks for running the VCC! :applause:

It’s been a while since I’ve done one and I was kind of away today but maybe next time, I’ll actually get it together enough to scan new stuff.  

I looked at your copy of The Thing more than once. That hillbilly creature just cracks me up, and it's genuinely creepy af.

24,615 posts

I was away and missed this, first one in a while! :cry:

10,620 posts

Still waiting on a response from the administration regarding the "exclusivity" rule change that I have proposed for the VCC. If you haven't had the chance to do so already, or wish to revisit the current discussion, click the link below. 

I believe it would be a good, unique way (from a board perspective), to open the VCC to more sellers. Hopefully the return for everyone will be an increase in buyers.

10,620 posts

Halls for the VCC in August have been created and will unlock at 5pm on Friday August 9 for dealers to begin setting up there booths. I've moved up the dealer setup time by a few hours.

There are 5 areas this year for dealers to setup within. I think at least @Bird will be happy that I have returned to the street name theme.
You can choose whichever Hall/Aisle that you wish, nothing is pre-assigned... just remember that there is only 1 booth per seller.

:news:

The "exclusive board only offer" rule IS suspended for the time of the VCC and only within the confines of the VCC.
This means that if you have items for sale on eBay, facebook, craigslist, your own website, etc. you no longer have to remove these items from those other venues when offering them for sale during the VCC.
This is a trial run that is specific to the Virtual Comic Convention and does not apply to other for sale sections of the forum. Please be diligent when listing items available from multiple venues. Board rules regarding the follow through of a sale will still apply to all VCC transactions.

Any newcomers (or old timers who need a refresher) are welcome to view the Rules, Tips, FAQs area linked below. I've updated the rules and added a few tricks to help people with the copy/paste image resizing thing that people have been struggling with. It's worth a view.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/444202-the-virtual-comic-convention-vcc-rules-tips-faqs/

12,428 posts

Yeah, I saw that this morning and was indeed happy. I am so simple.

52,426 posts
Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, skypinkblu said:

@DeadOne You put an amazing amount of energy, time  and caring with all the work you do, so thanks go to you! (worship)

Indeed. Although my enthusiasm for VCC selling has waned, chiefly due to photobucket changing so much I've abandoned it (phukyou photobucket) and the move to the new board software, your work deserves to be acknowledged. Maybe, and that's a BIG maybe (no promises), I can throw something together for next one. 

Edited by Jeffro™

2,111 posts

This will definitely make it easier to get stuff listed.  Of course, I will need to be careful about double-selling.  Fortunately, most of my inventory on eBay moves at a glacial pace.

21 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

:news:

The "exclusive board only offer" rule IS suspended for the time of the VCC and only within the confines of the VCC.
This means that if you have items for sale on eBay, facebook, craigslist, your own website, etc. you no longer have to remove these items from those other venues when offering them for sale during the VCC.
This is a trial run that is specific to the Virtual Comic Convention and does not apply to other for sale sections of the forum. Please be diligent when listing items available from multiple venues. Board rules regarding the follow through of a sale will still apply to all VCC transactions.

10,620 posts
22 minutes ago, adampasz said:

This will definitely make it easier to get stuff listed.  Of course, I will need to be careful about double-selling.  Fortunately, most of my inventory on eBay moves at a glacial pace.

With all sales and inquiries being through PM during the VCC, it should be easy to stop from double selling. Here's how I picture handling it in my head:

• receive a PM regarding a sale
  • before you respond to that PM, check to see if item(s) are still available
  • If yes, remove them for sale from the other venue and respond to member here with an "It's all yours. Thank You."
  • If no, update your VCC booth accordingly and respond to the member here with an "I'm sorry, that item has recently sold. Thanks for the interest."

2,289 posts

Any previews from the dealers?

I'll be lurking. Please remember our poor Non-US collectors. Do sell to us too! Don't do the "US only" please. Not my fault I'm born in the wrong country....