2019 Virtual Comic Convention (VCC) Discussion Thread
3 3

287 posts in this topic

12,512 posts
4 minutes ago, 999ghosts said:

Any previews from the dealers?

I'll be lurking. Please remember our poor Non-US collectors. Do sell to us too! Don't do the "US only" please. Not my fault I'm born in the wrong country....

No country is the wrong country.  If you ever need me to help by having something shipped to me and then on to you, just let me know.  

2,292 posts
7 minutes ago, telerites said:

No country is the wrong country.  If you ever need me to help by having something shipped to me and then on to you, just let me know.  

Believe me! If I could I would move to the US straight away!

Thank you for the offer sending stuff to me. I'll keep that in mind for sure.

24,809 posts
On 7/15/2019 at 11:10 AM, DeadOne said:

With all sales and inquiries being through PM during the VCC, it should be easy to stop from double selling. Here's how I picture handling it in my head:

• receive a PM regarding a sale
  • before you respond to that PM, check to see if item(s) are still available
  • If yes, remove them for sale from the other venue and respond to member here with an "It's all yours. Thank You."
  • If no, update your VCC booth accordingly and respond to the member here with an "I'm sorry, that item has recently sold. Thanks for the interest."

Can't the VCC 24 Hour Call Center & Hoverboard Rental Shop handle removing all the sold items from other venues?

25,028 posts
On 7/30/2019 at 8:13 AM, 999ghosts said:

Believe me! If I could I would move to the US straight away!

That's kind of you. Probably best to wait a few years tho. We are still sorting some stuff out. :)

25,028 posts

Just noticed these threads. I see the next VCC is August 10-11... unfortunately I'll be away, bummer! Hope you guys have fun.  (thumbsu

16,607 posts

I haven't signed up in a few years but have the time to do so for this one, how do you claim a spot for next week?

12,526 posts
13 minutes ago, jbud73 said:

I haven't signed up in a few years but have the time to do so for this one, how do you claim a spot for next week?

friday night the VCC will unlock the aisles and you can claim a spot

but no pre-selling! :sumo:

12,512 posts
On 8/1/2019 at 9:19 AM, Point Five said:

Just noticed these threads. I see the next VCC is August 10-11... unfortunately I'll be away, bummer! Hope you guys have fun.  (thumbsu

I just think of it as less competition. :baiting:

Hope you'll be away for enjoyable reasons, Jon.  Convention, maybe?

19,243 posts

You better have at least some Frazetta if you pick that aisle to sell in. 

25,028 posts
10 hours ago, telerites said:

I just think of it as less competition. :baiting:

Hope you'll be away for enjoyable reasons, Jon.  Convention, maybe?

:hi:

I've unfortunately never traveled for a convention before (though to be fair, New Yorkers are a bit spoiled as NYCC is here every year).

Going to London for a week, then a few days of rest on the Jersey Shore once back home. Not too bad. :cool:

12,526 posts

I have been at a new job started last week and it is biting into my evening time as I get up to speed so I may not have much going on this weekend at the VCC. I still plan on setting up but it won't be too crazy, at least not unless I get crazy Sat morning!

12,526 posts

well, I have been selling to someone on facebook at the beginning of every month and he was taking some groovy books this month but appears to be ghosting me now. So I may have these things for sale should I get my act together...top of market prices! :sumo:

EBe2HzTWsAYHmLc?format=jpg&name=small

16,432 posts

Looking forward to setting up, got my booth mostly ready to go, and maybe doing some buying, too. :ohnoez:

12,526 posts

started my overflow booth of stuff from ebay already...lots of lots and Wizard Mags! Still lots of lots to add but that was easy taking them from ebay! I like that rule already!!!

10,643 posts

As always, anyone setting up a booth who wishes to do so may send me a small description of the offerings in their VCC Booth, Overflow Booth, or both and I will add it to the index of sellers once I get around to putting that together.

This Index Of Sellers will be sent out to all subscribers of the VCC's Facebook Page, Twitter, and to all emails regarding the VCC throughout the weekend.

Feel free to do this right here in the discussion thread or send me a PM.

Thanks again and happy sales.

5,700 posts

Glad I noticed the early set up time this morning... that was a good idea! Nice to just get it set up and done and not have to worry about it!  My booth is good to go on Kirby Court!  Hope all my fellow sellers do well, and hope all my fellow buyers (since I always end up buying at these too!) end up finding some great deals!

2,190 posts

Was not expecting the early setup time!

I will be listing about 100 moderns to list -- everything published within the last 10 years.

10,643 posts
23 minutes ago, adampasz said:

Was not expecting the early setup time!

Sorry. I wanted to make certain I had the time to do all the things I promise everyone when it comes to advertising, setup help, etc.
I hope you have a great weekend and thanks again for joining in.

19,243 posts

Already seeing a few nice things.  :takeit:

12,526 posts
1 hour ago, DeadOne said:

As always, anyone setting up a booth who wishes to do so may send me a small description of the offerings in their VCC Booth, Overflow Booth, or both and I will add it to the index of sellers once I get around to putting that together.

This Index Of Sellers will be sent out to all subscribers of the VCC's Facebook Page, Twitter, and to all emails regarding the VCC throughout the weekend.

Feel free to do this right here in the discussion thread or send me a PM.

Thanks again and happy sales.

Bird's Overflow Booth has lots of comic lots for sale, priced cheap to move. Bird's booth in the main hall has some minor keys, some good girl romance, an Artist Edition or three, a bunch of ASM, a bunch of Dr. Strange Master of the Mystic Arts, and maybe a few cool GA if time permits. At least that is the plan.

@DeadOne feel free to edit that down however you see fit. Or use it verbatim, it matters not to me. I appreciate the work you are doing for the VCC! You rock! :headbang: