2019 Virtual Comic Convention (VCC) Discussion Thread
3 3

200 posts in this topic

887 posts

Just read about this tonight and looking forward to it as a buyer :popcorn:!  One thing that is unclear to me is, are all the items posted at once or updated through out the weekend?

12,450 posts
8 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Just read about this tonight and looking forward to it as a buyer :popcorn:!  One thing that is unclear to me is, are all the items posted at once or updated through out the weekend?

only a few people are generally completely ready to go when doors open I think. Many add things throughout the weekend. Make sure you do not try to buy early as that can put you at the end of the line and you may miss out. After 10 am Sat it is all fair game though.

I am no where near ready, and will be adding things of all eras throughout the weekend more likely than not.

10,630 posts
7 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Everything is updated throughout the weekend.
Sellers are welcome to setup whenever they are able throughout the weekend and buyers are encouraged to check back often throughout the weekend as new sellers popup. Discounts often times are offered throughout the weekend as well... so check back often.

2,131 posts
1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

One thing that is unclear to me is, are all the items posted at once or updated through out the weekend?

I try to list as much as I can for show open, but typically I end up adding 10-20 more books on Sunday. I usually post in the thread when there are new books.

Thanks for stopping by!

16,376 posts

@DeadOne is it possible to lock or hide or move the archive during the VCC? When you open the VCC page, it's right at the top. Since many folks are always shocked to learn about the VCC, I'd think a list of old but accessible booths could be confusing and lead to possible attempted buys on old items.

9,875 posts

I'm trying to raise some walkaround money for the Boston Comic Con next weekend so I only posted a few items, including a few golden age slabs, a sketch by LB Cole, and a high grade TMNT 1 third print. I may add some more lower dollar books over the weekend if I have time.

10,630 posts
1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

@DeadOne is it possible to lock or hide or move the archive during the VCC? When you open the VCC page, it's right at the top. Since many folks are always shocked to learn about the VCC, I'd think a list of old but accessible booths could be confusing and lead to possible attempted buys on old items.

I agree. I'll put the word out to the higher ups about finding a way to move or shrink that subforum header. For now though, I've hidden that last couple of years worth of posts and made the one viewable from the header an obviously old Discussion thread from 2017.

Hope this helps

661 posts

Being in Australia, I am not entirely sure of the time for the opening. Is the convention opened yet or am I still queuing outside with the cosplay crew?

10,630 posts
1 hour ago, DeadOne said:
2 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I agree. I'll put the word out to the higher ups about finding a way to move or shrink that subforum header. For now though, I've hidden that last couple of years worth of posts and made the one viewable from the header an obviously old Discussion thread from 2017.

Hope this helps

I went through the archive and locked all the old threads.
I then created a thread which I pinned to the top explaining what the VCC Archive is for. With this thread being pinned, it should always be the prevalent one on that subforum banner thing. These steps should help avoid any confusion.

10,630 posts
Just now, RickL said:

Being in Australia, I am not entirely sure of the time for the opening. Is the convention opened yet or am I still queuing outside with the cosplay crew?

It opened just a few minutes ago.

19,122 posts
Posted (edited)

The first buyer posting in a thread. That  has to be a record. 

Edited by wombat

12,450 posts

I made 4 quick sales to 2 buyers! Thank you! One book had 2 buyers at the first minute, that is a first for me.

4,466 posts

10% anything in my booth until 1pm est

12,450 posts

Some new books coming to my booth in about 30 minutes

1,897 posts

Still hadn't unpacked my booth from the last VCC so I did a quick setup about an hour ago.

Will try to add some new books later on. Good luck everyone! (thumbsu

24,738 posts

Yet another VCC where I outsell greggy, the glorious streak continues. :cloud9:

24,738 posts
5 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I'm trying to raise some walkaround money

Hopefully enough you can take a long walk off Fan Pier.

4,466 posts

Sale of 10% all comics on my booth is continued until close of sale day Sat.

12,450 posts

okay I added a Marvel family 77 with a fantastic cover, ASM4 1st full silk, MTU Annual 2 Thanos, She-Hulk 1 and cool slabs like Fumetti 9.8, Sandman 74 9.4 newsstand, sandman 75 9.0 newsstand, and ASM 361 9.0 double cover (WUDY!)

more coming later including sandman 8