• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your monthly budget for comics?
2 2

42 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2018 at 8:24 PM, Lord_Knikon said:

Hey guys just wondering what you usually set aside in your monthly budget for comics?  How much do you spend on back issues vs new comics? Do you buy them through ebay? Do you get subscriptions or buy from a shop? I am trying to get back into collecting but i feel so lost about storage solutions and what i really want to collect I am just feeling a little overwhelmed but in a good way. I would be thankful for any advice.

Hey, 

what you set aside all depends on your income and your expenses really.  If it's a choice between taking your girl out or buying comics, it's a no brainier get her to pay instead and get your comics. lol As for myself it can differ from month to month but for my regular pull list I spend about $50 CDN on my pull list for new titles per month.  I get my comics mailed to me every month from a comic shop as I just don't have the time to go into the shop myself and the shipping works out what it would cost me in gas to get there. If your looking for back issues avoid e bay, they tend to rip you off with low prices but overly high shipping and handling costs.  You can find places that sell back issues cheaper if you just do a google search and spend some time looking.  Anyway, I'm sure you will figure it out, enjoy. 

-RKSM

Currently my monthly budget runs about $300 a month.  I spend about $75 of that on new books and the rest on back issues and supplies as I am rebagging my 36 year old comic collection slowly and painfully; who knew re-bagging a collection could be so expensive and time consuming.  I plan to pair down my new modern books to maybe 6-8 books a month or less since I find it hard to justify spending $4 or $5 for a modern book when I can find a nice bronze age book for the same price or less.