Will Detective Comics 1000......

90 posts in this topic

2,795 posts

Outsell Action Comics 1000? Action Comics sold 502k making it the biggest selling book of 2018 

Edited by Chicago Boy

9,933 posts

Batman title? ✔️

Milestone issue? ✔️

New character in continuity? ✔️

It should have more store variants than Action Comic (oh yay). The difference will be if DC themselves does all the variants like they did with Action Comics.

11,146 posts

Glad DC is doing the decades tribute covers. Sharp Bruce Timm tribute to Jerry Robinson's Detective Comics with Joker and pistols cover. Guess DC found an unpublished(?) Wrightson Batman cover image to print? :)

9,876 posts
16 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Glad DC is doing the decades tribute covers. Sharp Bruce Timm tribute to Jerry Robinson's Detective Comics with Joker and pistols cover. Guess DC found an unpublished(?) Wrightson Batman cover image to print? :)

Can you post a pic of the wrightson?

11,146 posts
On 12/23/2018 at 2:56 PM, ExNihilo said:

Pics of the Wrightson, Frank Miller, Bruce Timm, Steranko, etc. Detective Comics #1000 covers are at the above link previously posted.

9,933 posts

For anybody wanting to get in on these, as with many Moderns it could be best to wait it out.

Some Action Comics #1000 are being sold for as little as $2 at Midtown right now.

7,749 posts

All these covers are awful, Just more covers of batman on a roof top, close up of his face or him standing there striking a pose doing nothing. It's the same thing over and over. Where's the creativity? 

1,090 posts
6 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

They couldn't get a cover out of Neal Adams???

Or Mazzucchelli or Pope?

94 posts
Posted (edited)

I love the 50's Michael Cho cover. I'll be picking that up along with the Steve Rude 1930s and Wrightson 1970s. 

Edited by Phish&Comics

1,564 posts

That one is nice. And shiny lol. I’m also digging the Fabok, Bermejo, and Anacleto covers. 

No Dell Otto? hm That might be a good thing cuz I’m getting a little bored with those...

9,933 posts
59 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

That one is nice. And shiny lol. I’m also digging the Fabok, Bermejo, and Anacleto covers. 

No Dell Otto? hm That might be a good thing cuz I’m getting a little bored with those...

I would be very surprised if there wasn't.