• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Detective Comics 1000......

90 posts in this topic

The problem with Detective "#1000" is that DC didn't arrive at that number honestly. Same with Action "#1000" or ASM "#800", etc.

They broke their numbering. There is no Detective Comics #900 (no matter what some claim), and there is no #925 or #913 or #892.

Once you've broken your numbering, you can't go back, no matter how many times you want to try. 

Collectors in the future...assuming there are any...will be endlessly puzzled over these things, desperately looking for missing issues that never existed.

It's quite a shame.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The problem with Detective "#1000" is that DC didn't arrive at that number honestly. Same with Action "#1000" or ASM "#800", etc.

They broke their numbering. There is no Detective Comics #900 (no matter what some claim), and there is no #925 or #913 or #892.

Once you've broken your numbering, you can't go back, no matter how many times you want to try. 

Collectors in the future...assuming there are any...will be endlessly puzzled over these things, desperately looking for missing issues that never existed.

It's quite a shame.

I've been trying to catalogue my books in excel and it's such a pain trying to determine Legacy "numbering".  In most instances, I rely on mycomicshop, but if they don't have it, it's such a struggle to figure out what volume i own, and which number each book is.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, ExNihilo said:

I've been trying to catalogue my books in excel and it's such a pain trying to determine Legacy "numbering".  In most instances, I rely on mycomicshop, but if they don't have it, it's such a struggle to figure out what volume i own, and which number each book is.

Anyone know how Overstreet handles this issue? I would think they would be the #1 reference for this type of thing. 

On 2/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, ExNihilo said:

https://www.collectorz.com/comic wiith the barry phone/ipad scanning app.= :banana:

I just bought this and wow it is amazing.  Sometimes the barcode scanner is wonky, but this program is pretty great.  Buy in a bundle and look for online coupons to save some $$.

Edited by gradejunky

The only two covers that I liked enough to purchase were the ones by Steve Rude and Alex Ross.
The others just weren't cutting it for me.  I'm subbed to Detective so I'll slab those two variants and read the Jim Lee regular.

Edited by BobBain

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

ridiculous number of variants.  I'm going to wait and pick one up in the 25 cent fodder bin. 

Stupid isn't it.  I mean Fantastic Four # 7 had variants this week.  WTF?!?!    Is every new release getting at least 1 variant now?  It gets to a point where nobody will give a  F*!@*!  (yeah I am looking at you Del Otto). 

Edited by Mercury Man

On 3/27/2019 at 3:38 PM, D84 said:

Will Detective Comics 1000...

...be 96 pages of filler?

YES!!!!

I read it cover to cover and found it one of the most forgettable comics I've read in years.

Have to agree.  I was disappointed in the entire thing.
Detective Comics #1,000 should have been 68 pages of a new major storyline for the foreseeable future and then a few small pages of additional stories. 
Instead, we got 99% junk.

I'll still CGC my Alex Ross cover and maybe the Steve Rude one, but only because I love the art.

Edited by BobBain

10 minutes ago, BobBain said:

Have to agree.  I was disappointed in the entire thing.
Detective Comics #1,000 should have been 68 pages of a new major storyline for the foreseeable future and then a few small pages of additional stories. 
Instead, we got 99% junk.

I'll still CGC my Alex Ross cover and maybe the Steve Rude one, but only because I love the art.

Has Alex Ross shipped yours yet?

8 minutes ago, BobBain said:

Perhaps the other cover hasn't arrived yet from the printer?
I only grabbed the homage one.

Could be.  I'll give it another couple days before I email them.