• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Detective Comics 1000......

90 posts in this topic

I got my Artgerm copies in this week.  I ordered 3 of the 2 book set (1 golden / 1 regular per set)

0 out of 6 are worth grading, all of them have spine or back cover wear and damage, I email'd them to see if i can get replacement copies.  IMO the best one would be around a 9.2/9.4 and down from there for the other copies.

Anyone else have similar issues?

8 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

I got my Artgerm copies in this week.  I ordered 3 of the 2 book set (1 golden / 1 regular per set)

0 out of 6 are worth grading, all of them have spine or back cover wear and damage, I email'd them to see if i can get replacement copies.  IMO the best one would be around a 9.2/9.4 and down from there for the other copies.

I received my books from CGC today - 10 of the 22 slabs were damaged, including 4 of the Detective 1000 9.9s. 6 of the slabs actually had pieces of the CGC case broken off and 2 somehow had damage to the underside of the top of the back of the CGC case but not the top. Slabs were damaged at the top and bottom. There was no obvious damage to the box these shipped in. The only thing I can think of is these were damaged before they were put in the shipping box. I have been a customer for more than a decade and nothing like this has ever happened to me before, so it is important to put this in perspective, but still very frustrating. I will contact CGC tomorrow and see what can be done.

9 hours ago, TintiGooner said:

I received my books from CGC today - 10 of the 22 slabs were damaged, including 4 of the Detective 1000 9.9s. 6 of the slabs actually had pieces of the CGC case broken off and 2 somehow had damage to the underside of the top of the back of the CGC case but not the top. Slabs were damaged at the top and bottom. There was no obvious damage to the box these shipped in. The only thing I can think of is these were damaged before they were put in the shipping box. I have been a customer for more than a decade and nothing like this has ever happened to me before, so it is important to put this in perspective, but still very frustrating. I will contact CGC tomorrow and see what can be done.

bmcmanus@cgccomics.com that email is Brittany McManus, she's been good about helping people out with reholders. :foryou: 

23 hours ago, RogueRunner said:

Picked up my favorite three “regular” covers the week they came out. I wish I jumped on the Alex Ross set when preorders were live, but oh well!

Those are cool!

On 4/23/2019 at 2:42 PM, Pete Marino said:

I got the three cover raw set.  My golden age is a likely 9.8, the virgin is likely a 9.6 with an outside chance 9.8, and the "standard" cover is likely a 9.4.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, drotto said:

I got the three cover raw set.  My golden age is a likely 9.8, the virgin is likely a 9.6 with an outside chance 9.8, and the "standard" cover is likely a 9.4.

Cool, I finally got a response and sent them back.  Hopefully the replacements are not just 9.8 rejects.