Will Detective Comics 1000......
0

90 posts in this topic

3,533 posts
On 1/30/2019 at 8:57 AM, ygogolak said:

Did you see the Kaare Andrews?

Detective-Comics-1000-Third-Eye-Comics-Kaare-Andrews-Variant-Cover.jpg

Those shoulders don’t look proportionate. I’m no artist but it seems way off to me. Other than that it’s beautiful but I would always be drawn to the weird way his shoulders are drawn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54,939 posts

The problem with Detective "#1000" is that DC didn't arrive at that number honestly. Same with Action "#1000" or ASM "#800", etc.

They broke their numbering. There is no Detective Comics #900 (no matter what some claim), and there is no #925 or #913 or #892.

Once you've broken your numbering, you can't go back, no matter how many times you want to try. 

Collectors in the future...assuming there are any...will be endlessly puzzled over these things, desperately looking for missing issues that never existed.

It's quite a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,543 posts
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The problem with Detective "#1000" is that DC didn't arrive at that number honestly. Same with Action "#1000" or ASM "#800", etc.

They broke their numbering. There is no Detective Comics #900 (no matter what some claim), and there is no #925 or #913 or #892.

Once you've broken your numbering, you can't go back, no matter how many times you want to try. 

Collectors in the future...assuming there are any...will be endlessly puzzled over these things, desperately looking for missing issues that never existed.

It's quite a shame.

I've been trying to catalogue my books in excel and it's such a pain trying to determine Legacy "numbering".  In most instances, I rely on mycomicshop, but if they don't have it, it's such a struggle to figure out what volume i own, and which number each book is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,533 posts
On 2/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, ExNihilo said:

I've been trying to catalogue my books in excel and it's such a pain trying to determine Legacy "numbering".  In most instances, I rely on mycomicshop, but if they don't have it, it's such a struggle to figure out what volume i own, and which number each book is.

Anyone know how Overstreet handles this issue? I would think they would be the #1 reference for this type of thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,886 posts
On 2/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, ExNihilo said:

I've been trying to catalogue my books in excel and it's such a pain trying to determine Legacy "numbering".  In most instances, I rely on mycomicshop, but if they don't have it, it's such a struggle to figure out what volume i own, and which number each book is.

https://www.collectorz.com/comic wiith the barry phone/ipad scanning app.= :banana:

 

I just bought this and wow it is amazing.  Sometimes the barcode scanner is wonky, but this program is pretty great.  Buy in a bundle and look for online coupons to save some $$.

Edited by gradejunky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71 posts
Posted (edited)

The only two covers that I liked enough to purchase were the ones by Steve Rude and Alex Ross.
The others just weren't cutting it for me.  I'm subbed to Detective so I'll slab those two variants and read the Jim Lee regular.

Edited by BobBain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,770 posts
2 hours ago, Oddball said:

Two more covers. One by Alex Ross and one by the printer.

EC4BCB41-8862-4044-83B5-F37FCAC4C27C.jpeg

59932A85-B44A-4DAB-B667-EB338E7A3171.jpeg

That Ross one is a winner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,877 posts

 

 

The first and second stories in the book are tremendous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
773 posts

Will Detective Comics 1000...

...be 96 pages of filler?

 

 

YES!!!!

 

I read it cover to cover and found it one of the most forgettable comics I've read in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,832 posts

ridiculous number of variants.  I'm going to wait and pick one up in the 25 cent fodder bin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,322 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

ridiculous number of variants.  I'm going to wait and pick one up in the 25 cent fodder bin. 

Stupid isn't it.  I mean Fantastic Four # 7 had variants this week.  WTF?!?!    Is every new release getting at least 1 variant now?  It gets to a point where nobody will give a  F*!@*!  (yeah I am looking at you Del Otto). 

Edited by Mercury Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,027 posts

The fact that there wasn’t a story by Frank Miller and Mazzucchelli in this anniversary issue is criminal. I would have paid the cover just for 5 pages of M&M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71 posts
Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2019 at 3:38 PM, D84 said:

Will Detective Comics 1000...

...be 96 pages of filler?

 

 

YES!!!!

 

I read it cover to cover and found it one of the most forgettable comics I've read in years.

Have to agree.  I was disappointed in the entire thing.
Detective Comics #1,000 should have been 68 pages of a new major storyline for the foreseeable future and then a few small pages of additional stories. 
Instead, we got 99% junk.

I'll still CGC my Alex Ross cover and maybe the Steve Rude one, but only because I love the art.

Edited by BobBain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
773 posts
10 minutes ago, BobBain said:

Have to agree.  I was disappointed in the entire thing.
Detective Comics #1,000 should have been 68 pages of a new major storyline for the foreseeable future and then a few small pages of additional stories. 
Instead, we got 99% junk.

I'll still CGC my Alex Ross cover and maybe the Steve Rude one, but only because I love the art.

Has Alex Ross shipped yours yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71 posts
13 minutes ago, D84 said:

Has Alex Ross shipped yours yet?

Yeah, It will be in tomorrow via UPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
773 posts
9 minutes ago, BobBain said:

Yeah, It will be in tomorrow via UPS.

Congrats.  My two pack hasn't shipped yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71 posts
Just now, D84 said:

Congrats.  My two pack hasn't shipped yet. 

Perhaps the other cover hasn't arrived yet from the printer?
I only grabbed the homage one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
773 posts
8 minutes ago, BobBain said:

Perhaps the other cover hasn't arrived yet from the printer?
I only grabbed the homage one.

Could be.  I'll give it another couple days before I email them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0