• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Detective Comics 1000......

90 posts in this topic

Artgerm just posted on Instagram that half his golden age variants were either missing or damaged.  Missing is the part that is messing with me.  Were they stolen?  Did they just not get shipped?

Seems like a part of this story is missing.

On 3/27/2019 at 1:38 PM, D84 said:

Will Detective Comics 1000...

...be 96 pages of filler?

YES!!!!

I read it cover to cover and found it one of the most forgettable comics I've read in years.

Ouch!

1 hour ago, Pete Marino said:

Artgerm just posted on Instagram that half his golden age variants were either missing or damaged.  Missing is the part that is messing with me.  Were they stolen?  Did they just not get shipped?

If the damage story is to be believed, the missing books may have just been to far gone to salvage, or completely lost.

10 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

By missing, he could have meant that they weren't in the shipment.  Kind of like being shorted by Diamond.  He might still be able to sort it out.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:03 PM, BobBain said:

Have to agree.  I was disappointed in the entire thing.
Detective Comics #1,000 should have been 68 pages of a new major storyline for the foreseeable future and then a few small pages of additional stories. 
Instead, we got 99% junk.

I'll still CGC my Alex Ross cover and maybe the Steve Rude one, but only because I love the art.

Agreed.  I was hoping they would do something like a full length story as they did in Batman 400. Or at least the start of a major new storyline or some significant event. 

On 3/27/2019 at 4:38 PM, D84 said:

Will Detective Comics 1000...

...be 96 pages of filler?

YES!!!!

I read it cover to cover and found it one of the most forgettable comics I've read in years.

Meh. Detective 1026 should be the important issue, except that the run isn't continuous.

1 hour ago, Lifesuggs said:

Has anyone got these back from CGC yet? I just finally got mine in the mail today and thinking about sending them off, almost curious if they’re too thick with the new cases, but I know nothing

Thickness shouldn't be an issue.  I have a CGC graded Action Comics #1000 which was 96 pages (compared to 'Tec #1000's 100 pages) and it's in a thicker case.

5 minutes ago, TintiGooner said:

I should be getting my Detective 1000s from CGC Wednesday. I sent in 12 with this invoice and 5 came back 9.9! I think this is the CGC equivalent of seeing a unicorn...

:takeit:thats a pretty sweet deal!

Congrats! Will be interesting which covers...

1 hour ago, TintiGooner said:

I should be getting my Detective 1000s from CGC Wednesday. I sent in 12 with this invoice and 5 came back 9.9! I think this is the CGC equivalent of seeing a unicorn...

Congrats! Yeah with the stock on these if I ever had a chance at a better than 9.8 it’s these. 

I guess worth asking these days, you didn’t try pressing them right?

FBCC5F62-C927-4B06-80E9-ABA9C11AE0BE.jpeg

Edited by Lifesuggs

On 4/20/2019 at 8:26 PM, TintiGooner said:

None of mine were pressed. Pressing these is difficult as the cover stock is pretty thick.

Has anyone ever tried pressing a book like these? I just went through and two of the books look like they were damaged slightly in production. Slight tick on the back spine and a slight crease on the bottom.

The closest I get to “pressing” is wood, and I can take a ding out of furniture with a washcloth and an iron. Do books like this stand any chance?

its keep them or refund since books sold out