Will Detective Comics 1000......

90 posts in this topic

2,209 posts

I got my Artgerm copies in this week.  I ordered 3 of the 2 book set (1 golden / 1 regular per set)

0 out of 6 are worth grading, all of them have spine or back cover wear and damage, I email'd them to see if i can get replacement copies.  IMO the best one would be around a 9.2/9.4 and down from there for the other copies.

Anyone else have similar issues?

9,916 posts
8 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

I got my Artgerm copies in this week.  I ordered 3 of the 2 book set (1 golden / 1 regular per set)

0 out of 6 are worth grading, all of them have spine or back cover wear and damage, I email'd them to see if i can get replacement copies.  IMO the best one would be around a 9.2/9.4 and down from there for the other copies.

2,209 posts
16 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yup, I saw that.  I was hoping he wouldn't try to hock-off damaged books on his fans, but alas, i guess that wasn't the case.

151 posts

I received my books from CGC today - 10 of the 22 slabs were damaged, including 4 of the Detective 1000 9.9s. 6 of the slabs actually had pieces of the CGC case broken off and 2 somehow had damage to the underside of the top of the back of the CGC case but not the top. Slabs were damaged at the top and bottom. There was no obvious damage to the box these shipped in. The only thing I can think of is these were damaged before they were put in the shipping box. I have been a customer for more than a decade and nothing like this has ever happened to me before, so it is important to put this in perspective, but still very frustrating. I will contact CGC tomorrow and see what can be done.

9,836 posts
9 hours ago, TintiGooner said:

I received my books from CGC today - 10 of the 22 slabs were damaged, including 4 of the Detective 1000 9.9s. 6 of the slabs actually had pieces of the CGC case broken off and 2 somehow had damage to the underside of the top of the back of the CGC case but not the top. Slabs were damaged at the top and bottom. There was no obvious damage to the box these shipped in. The only thing I can think of is these were damaged before they were put in the shipping box. I have been a customer for more than a decade and nothing like this has ever happened to me before, so it is important to put this in perspective, but still very frustrating. I will contact CGC tomorrow and see what can be done.

bmcmanus@cgccomics.com that email is Brittany McManus, she's been good about helping people out with reholders. :foryou: 

54 posts

Picked up my favorite three “regular” covers the week they came out. I wish I jumped on the Alex Ross set when preorders were live, but oh well! 

BCAC7FEF-38AB-4A00-B545-45868C3DD4E5.jpeg

7CEEE484-204D-4D03-B79E-44755B9688C8.jpeg

5F42E5A6-97D4-4574-97C4-5DFE3B56E064.jpeg

24,754 posts
23 hours ago, RogueRunner said:

Picked up my favorite three “regular” covers the week they came out. I wish I jumped on the Alex Ross set when preorders were live, but oh well!

Those are cool!

1,934 posts
On 4/23/2019 at 2:42 PM, Pete Marino said:

I got the three cover raw set.  My golden age is a likely 9.8, the virgin is likely a 9.6 with an outside chance 9.8, and the "standard" cover is likely a 9.4.

3,484 posts
On 1/30/2019 at 8:57 AM, ygogolak said:

Did you see the Kaare Andrews?

Detective-Comics-1000-Third-Eye-Comics-Kaare-Andrews-Variant-Cover.jpg

Dude,that's an amazing cover (wanted to say something else,but thought I'd keep it pg 13)

2,209 posts
On 5/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, drotto said:

I got the three cover raw set.  My golden age is a likely 9.8, the virgin is likely a 9.6 with an outside chance 9.8, and the "standard" cover is likely a 9.4.

Cool, I finally got a response and sent them back.  Hopefully the replacements are not just 9.8 rejects.