• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] 10% off listed prices until thread closes Sunday My 1st GA sales thread! CLOSING SUNDAY
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Hello. I have some Golden Age and these have been through the Please Grade Me forum here on the boards so I thought it was time to offer some for sale here on the boards. I sell a lot of comics here but not Golden Age until now. Gotta feed that Planet addiction somehow (not that I am in the class of the recent CC auction, just have 11 low/mid grade ones so far). No one on the Probation list, in the HoS or that I have on ignore please. s/h in the US is $7 priority mail or $5 first class for one book and international sales are fine at cost on the label. Returns are accepted but I should give enough information that they are unncecessary since I pack like a beast! First :takeit: in the thread OR via PM gets the item(s). I have a pretty massive sales thread in the mixed ages forum on the boards here as well. And some stuff on ebay here including some Jumbo Comics slabs that I bought here on the boards(PM me here for better prices if you are interested in anything there). TIME PAYMENTS available, just PM for details - I have system for these payments that is fair to us both and has worked when selling original art.

Okay, without further eloquence...

Paper comics, Smilin' Jack and Terry and the Pirates were published by Chicago Tribune and were popped wheat promos apparently published from 1938-1947 depending on which one we are talking about.

Mammy Yokum and the Great Dogpatch Mystery    1956 versions published by B'Nai Brith  ($18 each; 1 left) 

Smilin' Jack popped wheat promo $9 each (4 available)    Take all 4 for $30

Terry and the Pirates $8 each (7 available)  Buy 3 or more and they are $6 each!

DtZqrqOVAAADcJg.jpgDtZqu5LUUAACvbF.jpgDtZqrqMVsAEvPhp.jpg

Here are two of the Mammy Yokum out of bag for better viewing. These are 1956 reprints of the 1951 comic published by the Anti-Defamation league of B'Nai Brith. Some very light indents on cover perhaps but looking pretty good.

DumwNSSWsAAc0c8.jpgDumwNSSX4AE3z2s.jpg

Edited by Bird

BOY COMICS 8 significant spine issues in addition to the other condition problems but hey, a BIRO Iron Jaw cover from 1943!  $60 (2 years ago a raw 2.0 sold for $56 on HA)

Dtb5RPLU0AAn1IS.jpgDtb5RPNVsAACqae.jpgDtb5RPMUwAAeJkW.jpgDtb5RPLUUAAgTAy.jpg

Edited by Bird

HAUNT OF FEAR 22 PGM responses were 3.0/3.5/4.0 The staples are attached and the spine has no issues but the  both front and back cover have some small tears and on the back has some tape keeping most of those tears closed.  But it has fantastic colors! $125  (HA archives show a raw 6.0 sold for $125 in 2014)

DuTZluFWsAANUTr.jpgDuTZluFXgAEaXcJ.jpgDuTZluEXcAAgRHi.jpgDuTZluHWsAArach.jpg

Edited by Bird

Speed Comics 42. SOLD

Spoiler

The tears near the top staple includes that small triangular chip that is barely attached but the staple is still affixed and there are no spine splits. I think that I could use some Back to Life Plasma myself.

FANTASTIC COLORS from 1946   $225  consensus grade was in the 3.5 range (HA shows a raw 4 for $74 in 2017 but these are hot books now! I did drop the price significantly upon seeing that though.)

DuTtg7lXgAEYhjG.jpgDuTtg7kXgAAtggt.jpgDuTtg7lXQAI2phR.jpg

Edited by Bird

Doll Man Quarterly 23. It would press up nicely I think! It has no issues on the staples or spine, very solidly intact book with great bondage cover  PGM consensus was 6.0/6.5ish and possibly 8.0 if pressed. $135 (HA shows slabbed 8.0s selling for $388 in 2010 and $358 in 2008!)

DuOQzjHWsAE_-xe.jpgDuOQzjGX4AAAEQP.jpg

Edited by Bird

WINGS COMICS 29 beautiful copy with 2 binder holes, do not affect story but they are there all the same qualified 5.5 $125    (HA shows a raw 5.5 sold for $109 in 2016)

Dt6j1PNXQAEZB0W.jpg&key=c3bfbef72a58fb48Dt6j1POW4AIsbXW.jpg&key=947aa69a2a97a58dDt6j1PPXgAAS7KW.jpg&key=5ba6940702fc3626Dt6j1PPXQAEaRuI.jpg&key=75ad333882d69818

Edited by Bird

MAN COMICS 3 great cover with great color PGM responses had this in the 3.0-4.0 range  $50

DvG81_OWoAAdHze.jpgDvG81_PW0AAnEVO.jpg

I don't think there is anything not shown in the photos that needs to be said.

AIRBOY COMICS 8 volume 9 (1952)  That small tear by the bottom staple, arggh! Yes, those are tears also but his arm and head. The tears on the staple does go into the front cover and even the beginning of the book! PGM responses were 3.5/4.0 (HA shows nothing but both ebay and mcs have raw 4.5s for $200 and $235)  $150

DvG80WHWsAALDMR.jpgDvG80WIWsAEtTjV.jpg