• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T minus 19 minutes

12 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:whatthe:

Considering what the 2.5 just went for I thought this incomplete NG one should be interesting http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DDETECTIVE%2B27%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1293507

Edited by ivegotneatstuff

1 minute ago, ivegotneatstuff said:

Considering what the 2.5 just went for I thought this incomplete NG one should be interesting http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DDETECTIVE%2B27%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1293507

Most definitely! Very interesting!

which book would you rather have-- the one that has been heavily restored (fake cover or replaced inner wraps etc- Frankenbook) or the complete yet coverless version? (assuming same book-- action 1 or tec 27)

I'm thinking having one that is all original is preferable -- adding that facsimile cover and slabbing it seems to hide to real book which is what you are buying. Then again-- I can't imagine many collectors who want these as keepers would be keeping this book inside the slab very long. If you were simply looking at it as a conversation piece or potential flip down the line-- yeah, keep it in the slab.

But for me-- I would rather see the original item through the slab than putting a fake cover on it. No correct answer here-- just throwing out my opinion.

Edited by 01TheDude

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

which book would you rather have-- the one that has been heavily restored (fake cover or replaced inner wraps etc- Frankenbook) or the complete yet coverless version? (assuming same book-- action 1 or tec 27)

I'm thinking having one that is all original is preferable -- adding that facsimile cover and slabbing it seems to hide to real book which is what you are buying. Then again-- I can't imagine many collectors who want these as keepers would be keeping this book inside the slab very long. If you were simply looking at it as a conversation piece or potential flip down the line-- yeah, keep it in the slab.

But for me-- I would rather see the original item through the slab than putting a fake cover on it. No correct answer here-- just throwing out my opinion.

I would want that Action 1 instead.  No Frankenbook

13 hours ago, kav said:

great I just noticed thread and missed bidding-

U can still bid on the action 1... it would be a good raffle price for this year