• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three best purchases this year...
1 1

22 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Chief1332 said:

My first comic I purchased in over 40 years..

right but is there a specific reason you picked Marvel Spotlight #8? is it a book you always wanted or something?

or is it just a dream come true to be collecting and buying again?

the way you said it, It sounded like that particular issue had some importance to you...

19 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

hat ASM #9 looks nice (at least through the bag). That's on my 2019 lis:wishluck:

It's not that nice, probably a 1.8 or so.

I'm trying to collect a run of ASM 1-10 coverless. I found this issue at my local comic shop. I might just swap it for a coverless issue, it really doesn't belong with the others I've collected.

12 hours ago, Chief1332 said:

Hard to show my best three this year because every book I own, I purchased this year.  Instead, I would like to give a shout out to the friend that helped me to start this collecting endeavor(first name only)… Mark - your love of the hobby reignited my own.  And through several, mentoring type of conversations, I finally pulled the trigger and bought my first book, in over 40 years, from you...  Thanks Brother.  This is the book, a 9.4 cbcs dream come true for this old guy..

IMG_2932.JPG

Hey Chief!

It has been a pleasure talking comics with you over the past year my friend. It's been an honor to share my passion with someone that has that same fire. I know seeing beautiful artwork and reading stories that take me to other places really takes me back to my childhood and that's what this hobby is all about. I've met some great people through collecting (many right here on the boards) and I'm sure I will meet many more. Thank you for loving what I love. :tink:Here's to a great 2018 of collecting and an even better 2019!

P.S. SWEET BOOK! :wink:

BIGS (Mark) 

On 12/19/2018 at 7:00 PM, Cliff R. said:

Pics ? :taptaptap:

Ask and ye shall receive!

The gloss on these books is amazing and not a crease.  Invisible water spots on the cover of 93 take nothing away from it either  

WIN_20181220_20_16_45_Pro.jpg

WIN_20181220_20_18_01_Pro.jpg

WIN_20181220_20_18_09_Pro.jpg

6 minutes ago, davidpg said:

Ask and ye shall receive!

The gloss on these books is amazing and not a crease.  Invisible water spots on the cover of 93 take nothing away from it either  

Beautiful books!

I think Dawn is crying because she's cold...